Saturday, May 23, 2009

BIG news......

Things have been a little crazy around here lately and unfortunately my blogging time has all but disappeared! There are several good reasons that I have been so busy this past 2 weeks but the most important is the news that.............


we are moving to Seattle!!!!!


Eric has had a wonderful opportunity in his career, one that is taking us up to beautiful Washington state. First of all I have to say how proud I am of my hard-working, dedicated hubby. Congratulations, babe!! I know he is going to be terrific in his new job as an Investment Manager (which means he will be managing a team of Financial Advisors with JP Morgan Chase - or in other words, it is the same position as his former boss).


Now as for the relocating part... I'm excited in a scared, lump-in-my-throat, heart-pounding kind of way! I really don't want to leave my family. I don't want to take Gabe away from all these people that love him to pieces. And I don't want to leave Utah. Even though I didn't grow up here, I love the desert and I love beautiful SLC (and Utah County :)). I love the people, the climate, the mountains, the valley, everything! (ok, not the lack of rain...) Which brings us to my list of reasons I'm excited about Seattle! I love the rain. I love green - and there's all kind of green up there!! I love the ocean and I'm fascinated by all the ports and bridges and islands near Seattle. I love seafood. I love adventure. And I love Eric. So I guess that means we are out of here. It's ok that I have tears in my eyes right now! :) I'm going to be coming back home for lots and lots of visits. And pretty soon (well, maybe after a few years) Seattle will feel like home. I'm really going to miss all my wonderful neighbors and friends here too - thanks for making Cedar Hills such a great place to start our little family! And everyone feel free to come see us - Seattle has so much to offer and is a really fun place to visit!! :)

10 comments:

Erin said...

Oh sis, you made me get a little lump in my throat when you said you love rain, love the ocean, love seafood, love adventure, and love Eric. You are so sweet. You're right - that is the most important thing ever. There is so much to be excited about to live in a new place - how exciting! You will do great! I'm very glad I get to see you before you leave.

Jodi said...

I am sad to see you guys go, but excited for your new adventure in life. You never really know what life has in store do you?

I love Seattle! We went on vacation there with Callie when she was 8 months old. Since then Dave and I have always said that we could move there in a heart beat. We will come and visit you guys!

You guys have:
a pro baseball team
Pike place market
and water!

I know it will so hard to leave your family though. You will be missed!

kenzie said...

I can't believe it!! I actually remember seeing the sign in front of your house saying it was for sale so I was going to ask you about it, but now I know. Congrats. Seattle is beautiful!! Im going to miss having you as my V.T though :D. Let me know if you need any help packing or anything.

Unknown said...

I am still sad about this! I guess we all have to go through change in our lives huh? Seattle will be super fun though and I agree with you on how beautiful all the green trees are. I'm excited for you and Eric...what a great opportunity for him and his job! We will miss you guys! Thanks for being such a great friend. At least we can keep in touch through blogs and facebook...yeah for technology!

Kimber said...

Seattle is one of my favorite places to visit. My mother-in-law used to live there and we would visit her all the time. Enjoy it. I is truely one of the most beautiful cities.

Armstrong said...

WHAT??? I can not believe you are moving. We need to get together with our boys and have one last good hang out. I am so excited for your new adventure and know you will love it. I will give you a call in the next week and we will find a day to play. P.S. I still have Gabe's costume I need to give ya. You may need it for the next boy!
Love ya
Chanda

The Warrens said...

Britt, I can't believe you are leaving! I never get to work with you anymore, but I love your blog! Your family is adorable & we have all eaten better since finding "sisters cafe". I am on maternity leave until the end of july so if I don't see you before you leave--"GOOD LUCK" in Seattle! We will miss you at work.

Mindy said...

That was a very sweet post, Baba! I loved when you said you love Eric, too. You guys will have a fun adventure, I hope. And we'll visit you and miss you like crazy from home. I love you!

Cami said...

Hey neighbor, we're going to miss you!!! Who am I going to monitor switch with?

Marnie said...

Hey Brit,
I have also been out of the blogging community for the last several weeks while planning our upcoming move to Germany. I was so surprised to read that you're moving to Seattle. You are going to LOVE it! We went up to Seattle as often as we could when we lived in Portland. The Pacific Northwest is such a beautiful place. It is hard to leave family and friends, but just like you said, you will have Eric and Gabe. I'm so excited for you. When are you moving? It sounds like Eric is going ahead of you from your blog. I'm coming to Utah next week and hope to see you.