Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Gabe!!!

Our little man turned 2 today!! Eric and I are amazed at how fast time has flown with our Gabe here. I was working last night and thinking about how 2 years ago exactly I was in labor and we were happily anticipating meeting our sweet baby. How incredible that night was. I had the best experience with labor and delivery (once the epidural was in)! I am always touched by the Spirit when I witness a new baby entering this world but when my own son arrived... wow. Eric and I were overcome - it was the absolute best moment! However I laugh when I remember how surprised I was to look at Gabe and see a little stranger. I loved that little stranger, but still, he was a stranger! I'm not sure what else I expected! Now, I can't imagine life without him. And although he is only 2, I feel like we are such close buddies. He is the happiest, sweetest, spunkiest guy with the funniest personality... we love him SO much! So anyway... we had a lot of fun today! Eric and I gave Gabe his present right after breakfast... a basketball hoop!! Gabe has been beside himself with happiness all day shooting hoops. I'm not exaggerating one bit when I say that every minute at home today has been spent shooting baskets and running after the rebounds. He has been out of breath all day!! :) Eric and I are thrilled that we did so well on his gift! haha!! For dinner we went up the canyon and roasted hot dogs over a campfire...what a blast! Gabe is going to be a little mountain man - he loves it out there! Now our little birthday boy is in bed (with his basketball) - it's been a great day. Happy Birthday Baby!!

10 comments:

Jeff and Nanci said...

Happy Birthday Gabe!! The basketball hoop was a great idea! I think even Gracie would love it. The out door picnic looks so much fun too. We need to plan another get together up in the mountains. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Gabe! I can't believe that he is two already..it really is crazy how fast time flies. What a cute boy!!

Jodi said...

I think he was four months old when we moved in. Crazy. He is such a sweet little boy. I love that he went to bed with his basketball!

Melanie Anne said...

Happy Birthday darling Gabe!! He is such a sweet little guy! We love him so much. What a perfect gift for him!! ANd by the way you look like a model on that stump! What a babe of a Mom you are!

Armstrong said...

Wow, I can not believe Gabe is two! Time just seems to fly by. We need to get our boys together to shoot hoops. Dylan loves to play basketball too. Happy Birthday Gabe!

Lindsay said...

Happy birthday Gabe! He is so cute, what a fun birthday! I'm jealous that you've taken up mountain biking. I've done it a few times and I'm totally scared of going downhill too!

annie and jared said...

happy b-day gabe! the canyon is always a blast... good choice! he is adorable as always.

Mindy said...

Oh, I get a lump in my throat thinking of you taking Gabe away to Seattle. He's such a sweetheart! I had so much fun having him at my house on Monday. He is so sweet with baby Jack... bringing him toys, putting his "bebe" on him when he fusses, etc. I love how he can sit quietly on my lap and listen to books or songs. And it is so cute to watch him throwing rock after rock in the stream behind my house... totally content. I love our Gabe! (yes, I am claiming him, too... he is MY nephew after all. haha)

Amy said...

Happy birthday buddy! He is such a cute baby, oops, I mean little boy! It's incredible how fast they grow up!!

Erin said...

Oh, he is so cute! I could totally see little Gabe in that first picture as a baby with his Daddy. I could spot those perked up eyebrows anywhere! They give him this darling look like he is aware of everything going on, and ready to jump in and join the fun! His birthday sounds like such a blast. What a cutie! I loved the bball pics!