Sunday, May 10, 2009

RIDE OR DIE!!!

That used to be me and Mindy's motto for snowboarding (yes, we're dorks) but now it is applied to mountain biking... and it's no joke! I really am about to die when I go! Eric goes on rides 3-4 times a week and my hubby is in great shape. Me, on the other hand, not so much. So while I am literally falling off my bike gasping for breath, Eric is patiently waiting barely winded. It's sad - what has happened to me?! Well anyway, mountain biking is a brand new beast (I mean hobby) for me to tackle. Eric absolutely loves it and he has gotten me really excited about it. I can tell that it will be a lot of fun eventually. It is so invigorating to be exercising out in the mountains - the scenery is gorgeous! And although the downhill portion of the ride at this point scares the wits out me, I can envision it being exhilirating once I feel a bit more in control of my bike!

Mountain biking at Lambert Park in Alpine...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! We just started Mtn. biking too. We are going to Moab this weekend and I am sure that I am going to need a lot of breaks!!!

Melanie Anne said...

I am very impressed with both of you! Mtn biking looks very frightening to me! I am always in awe of the brave people, like the two of you, who do it for fun!!

Mindy said...

I've always thought mountain biking looked so fun! I don't think I can start one more hobby right now though. So I'll live vicariously through you. :)

Erin said...

YOU HAVE WAY MORE GUTS THAN ME. Jed loves mountain biking - he even went this morning on a technical 10-mile trail - but I would never join him. I am not even a skilled road biker. Okay, fine, I am an unskilled road biker. I nearly fall over if Jed crowds me too much! :) But I really admire that you are so willing to join in with Eric. He is a lucky guy to have such a cool wife! :)