Monday, August 10, 2009

keeps me smiling

My little goofus loves to see himself in the mirror every night after we pull his shirt over his head to make shirt hair! He is always SO excited and laughs so hard when he sees himself! This evening we didn't even get to put his fresh diaper on before he insisted on the mirror!!
Gabe is just so funny - he keeps Eric and I laughing every day! Yesterday there were a few moments I don't want to forget so I'm going to share them with you all! To start, Eric and I stayed up late Saturday night hanging out with friends and then going over our talks for sacrament meeting before bed. Consequently, when Gabe woke up bright and early we were both pretty zonked! Eric went and got Gabe out of his crib then crawled back into bed. This is what I heard next:
Gabe's nasally little voice "NOSE, Daddy! TISSUE!!"
"ok, go get me a tissue and I'll wipe your nose"
scampering of feet...
Eric saying: "Gabe this is way too small! Go get a bigger tissue please" (Gabe is in the habit of trying to use the tiniest scrap of tissue to wipe his nose...I'm talking about no bigger than a dime-size!)
scampering of feet....
Gabe proudly saying: "This a BIG one, Daddy!! This a BIG one!!"
At this point I have to open my eyes to witness him trailing toilet paper across the hall and into the room! It was so funny! My little boy of extremes!

Then later in church we were sitting in Sunday School (relieved that our talks were over) and we had Gabe with us since he has a cold. Well, it was time for the closing prayer and Gabe stood there reverently folding his arms with his head bowed.... until about half way through the prayer he loudly announced "AMEN!" and looks around for a minute before saying it loudly again! Eric and I are shaking with laughter trying to tell him to be quiet. Like a good little boy he obeys and folds his arms again...at least for another 30 seconds before he looks up again and loudly says "AMEN" again!! By this time we were dying and luckily the prayer ended soon after Gabe called it. It was so funny!

11 comments:

Kristen said...

Thanks for the good laugh! That is really funny!!!

Jodi said...

That is so great! I love all the funny things kids do. I have always said that the thing that surprised me the most about parenthood is how much I laugh! Miss you guys.

Armstrong said...

Sounds like you guys are really getting adjusted there,finding new friends and new places to visit. Gabe is such a crack up! I love catching up on your new adventures. I can't wait to try a few recipes from your cafe blog this week too. Miss you here at work. We have had some fun play dates with everyone at work and really miss you and Gabe on those days especially. Hope all is going well.

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, I am dying with laughter right now! He is soooo funny! I bet that was hilarious when he kept announcing AMEN!!! in the middle of the prayer. He is so funny! And the tissue story was a riot. He is so funny! Oh, I loved these stories. :) Keep them coming. :)

Jan S said...

That must have been so funny! I miss that cute little guy!
Mom

Isaac and Tallie said...

I am so sad you have gone, but it sounds like things are going well for you all! I miss you even though we haven't worked together for a while anyway. I can't believe how grown up Gabe has become. He is so cute and funny!

Mindy said...

Oh, I miss Gabe so much! That picture with his shirt hair is adorable. I loved that tissue story. I told everyone about it at Lake Powell... except I told them ALL of it. :) And the Amen story makes me chuckle every time I think of it. He is SO cute!

Amy said...

So hilarious! I can totally imagine Gabe doing those things. What a funny little dude! Sounds like that prayer was way to long to me too:)

Chris and Karisa said...

So cute... it reminded me of out past stake conference when they were dedicating our new building. Landon did the exact same thing. The dedicatory prayer was REALLY long, and Landon kept saying "Jesus Christ, Amen!", "Jesus Christ, Amen".

Anonymous said...

Loud and repeated "Amens" from a 2 yr old during a long prayer should be good hint! Loved the 'tissue' story! Miss you guys, Dad S

Melanie Anne said...

These stories were so funny! I laughed so hard I cried. Oh I really miss you guys! Bridger is looking with me and he keeps saying over and over again "I miss Brittany and Gabe" We love you! Give that darling little Gabers a hug and kiss for us!!