Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Snoqualmie Pass
We love Saturdays around here since we get Eric to play with all day! This time Eric and I decided to check out the hiking a little closer to home so we headed up Snoqualmie Pass. The plan was to hike in the morning, then let Gabe nap in the back of the 4runner while we relaxed, then we would build a fire and have tin foil dinners and roast marshmallows and still be home by (almost) bedtime. As you can see from the pictures we got to enjoy some beautiful country. First we did a nature walk so Gabe could hike along side us if he wanted. Then we hit a real trail and hiked for awhile with Gabe in the backpack. It was so beautiful. I love the mountains here! The moss and ferns make everything so green. So anyway, we finally found a spot in a campground to let Gabe nap and make a fire (after talking the camp hosts into letting us trespass for a few hours!) Only Gabe didn't sleep and we were kicked out by 3:30! So we headed home, threw our tin foil dinners in the freezer, and went to BJ's for dinner! It was such a fun family day even if our careful plans didn't work out yet again! By the way, our trusty dog did join us but is in no pictures...there were far too many cool things to sniff out on the trail!
That is the underside of an overturned tree behind us. The root system even had huge boulders embedded in it!
Not the safest bridge in the world...at least for little guys!! (Daddy was very nervous!)


Eric found the perfect fort for a little boy! Gabe is standing on a rock in this picture but otherwise, the entire hollow trunk was taller than him inside. Eric and I are obviously kids at heart because we were getting really excited about the possibilities! It was so cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Wow, Britt! That is seriously so beautiful. I really want to go on a hike like that when I visit! I love how you guys are so organized with your lives so you can do fun stuff like that on the weekends. It is inspiring! We've done a lot of fun things, too... but something is usually not being taken care of b/c we are galavanting about. :) Oh, well... who is going to really remember if your house is clean or not? (I'm trying to make myself feel better). haha. Anyway, washington is absolutely gorgeous. It looks like pictures from discovery channel or the national geographic or something!
I have been waiting for some pictures of the hike and I am not disappointed! BEAUTIFUL! I am so glad you all got to have a nice relaxing family day! Can't wait to see you all again. Miss the Boo!
Love
Cheryl
Wow! I love to see your adventures!
Brittany, what pretty pictures! I Love seeing all the cool things you guys do. I am always so impressed.
In fact... Firstly, it shows how adventurous you are. "Secondly it means that you are stilted and weird, or even just boring." That's a great talent.....
HAHA! I seriously sat at my computer and LAUGHED and LAUGHED. It just sounded so funny! You totally cracked me up! Oh, boy, my abs are feeling sore! :)
Oh my you are BEAUTIFUL country there!! That makes me want to go for a hike. That is breathtaking! Gabe is so darling. I miss him so much!
That reminds me a lot of the Seaside hike only better! Wow it is so green there. I think it is so cool that you and Eric get out and take advantage of your Saturday mornings! You guys are turning into quite the explorers!
What a beautiful state that you live in. I love that you guys are huge hikers. That is so cool. Beautiful pictures!
Oh, I miss the Pacific Northwest!!! I'm so glad you're taking advantage of the gorgeous scenary! We loved our time in Oregon. Love the pictures.. it almost makes me homesick for Oregon! :)
What a gorgeous place! You guys are always having a wonderous adventure. How is everything going out there? We miss you so much. It's just not the same without you. Gabe has gotten so big. He is adorable.
Post a Comment