
Eric and I went on a ski trip, just the two of us. It was blissful. Not that we don't enjoy being with our children, it's just a good thing to be able to take off once in a while and just focus on each other. Combine that with skiing and you have one heck of a trip! :) We fell in love with Whistler... the drive there was spectacular and the town delightful but it's the skiing that really knocked our socks off. Wow! The snow was incredible and the terrain was amazing. I couldn't stop taking pictures! The huge trees were enchanting with their heavy mantles of snow - especially the ones that had the moss dripping off underneath! The views were breathtaking. It felt incredible to be up in the mountains again. Blackcomb and Whistler are
enormous ski resorts - just a massive amount of terrain. Often we would find ourselves completely alone on a run, which was a pretty cool feeling. It snowed lightly the first day and at one point in the day, at the very top of the mountain, the light was so flat you could hardly tell where you were going. That coupled with some mist and you literally felt like you were in the middle of nowhere... alone... with white under, over, and around you - everything looking the same with no definitive edges. It was eerie but pretty cool!



In the evenings we would go hot tubbing, go to dinner, hit a movie, whatever we felt like! It was awesome! What a great trip!


Meeting Eric for lunch one day (I wimped out skiing... I could barely walk!) We sat outside and ate at the base of the mountain!


The views on the drive there. There was a time when you are driving next to the ocean and huge wooded islands are rising up out of the water close to the coast... wow.


Thank you so much, Cheryl and Don, for flying out to watch our babies so we could do this trip! Knowing that Gabe and Nyah were with people that love them made our trip that much more relaxing and fun.
8 comments:
I'm glad you had a fun time! Whistler is awesome.
Hooray for a great trip! I'm definitely jealous, I miss skiing so much and Whistler is nearly incomparable. I'm glad you had a great time.
Cam keeps telling me he wants to take me there for a skitrip.... It looks amazing! I think we need go!
I am glad you had such a great time!!!
So fun! Who watched the kiddos? Todd and I leave for Germany and Italy on Friday... can't wait!
Yay for a mini moon!!! That is aweosme that you got to sneak away and enjoy each other, get some great skiing in and lots of one on one time! It sounds dreamy!! Love the pictures!! Love you two!!
What an awesome trip! So glad you were able to go. How fun!!
What great pictures . . . it sounds (and looks) like you had such a wonderful time. So glad you could get away like that. Once we started having kids, I never skied again which was pretty sad, living in Utah so much of the time. It's great that you are keeping that hobby.
What a blessing that Cheryl and Don could be with your kids, and then that you were able to spend a fun trip with them after! Brittany, your pictures make me ache to go snowboarding with you! They are beautiful! I probably would have ended up being too sore to go two days in a row, too. It looks like you had fun relaxing though. :)
Post a Comment