Wednesday, July 6, 2011

fun in the sun... FINALLY!!!!!!!

Well the sun has finally made an appearance here in Seattle and IT'S ABOUT TIME! It's only July now, geez! Last Friday was the first nice day ever so I got Gabe all hyped up to go to the little water park in our neighborhood, got the kids all ready to go and strapped into their carseats, lunches packed... and no keys. After a long, fruitless search it was discovered that Eric accidentally took them to work! Uh oh. Gabe was devastated until I distracted him with the prospect of an exciting afternoon running through the sprinklers and having a picnic on the grass in our yard! Totally worked! Haha! He was just as excited with our new plans and had a great time. I love this age! :) There is Gabe holding up a drumstick, or in his own words "the chicken bone" - his new favorite food! This picture of Nyah and I was actually taken by Gabe! Wow, right?! Great job bud! (I got burned to a crisp that day. Yikes! :( I was taken off guard by a high of 70... but I should have known my sun-starved-skin would react badly! Luckily I had slathered the kids with sunscreen.)
The next day we all went to the water park as a family - it was a lot of fun! That last picture was the only one we took that day. Both kids were tuckered out from so much fun in the sun!

4 comments:

Jan S said...

Darling pics, Baba. I loved the one of Nyah with the cute little tummy, haha! I wish you could have some of our sun - we've had a lot of great days lately.

Melanie Anne said...

Woo hoo upper 70s!! I am so jealous:) What I would give for the 70s! I can;t even imagine wearing a sweatshirt here--even at night:) I loved all the pics too! And I am with Mom that one shot of sweet little Nyah's pot belly is DARLING! Wish I could snuggle both those two little sweethearts! xoxo

Mindy said...

I love your happy attitude about the keys being taken. It is so much hullaballoo to go anywhere with kids, that I think I may have given up and resigned us all to watching a movie. Well, maybe not. :) The sprinklers looked fun. And that picture of Nyah's pot belly makes me laugh. I'm glad you guys got to go to the waterpark the next day! I love how sun and water wears kids out. It was the best at Lake Powell. They slept so well because they were exhausted from all the excitement.

Kristen said...

What a great mom you are!