Nyah cut her beautiful hair! :( It was on Eric's watch so I'm blaming him completely - heehee! Just kidding. Actually when he texted me about it, I wasn't that concerned because I thought How bad could it be? She can't even cut with scissors! Well as soon as I got home and saw the pile of thick curls that Eric swept up, I was floored! How on earth?!!! All the hair on the top of her head was mangled. It made me sick to see it. There is
no way that she could have done that much damage, I thought. The culprit must be Gabe. Well, he assured us again that he didn't do it but I still gave him The Talk about never never never cutting hair, just in case!
So to go on with the story, later that day we found Nyah with Gabe's scissors again (you would think we would learn, right?) and she had cut up an entire piece of paper into confetti. I was shocked! Using both hands, she apparently
can cut with scissors! With this new knowledge, we shall never know who gave Nyah her first haircut. But I did learn a few lessons that day. Never underestimate a 15 month-old's abilities and maybe I should stop thinking I know it all and listen to Gabe a little more.
Here is what's left of Nyah's once thick and gorgeous hair. See how short it is at the back? I have it between my fingers - maybe 1/2 inch!!!!

That is not just a bad part... her hair sticks out crazy all over the place now since it is hacked into so many different lengths. No more pigtails for awhile! :(
8 comments:
OMGosh!!! You didn't mention anything last night, did it happen while you were at my house? It is kind of funny, if you think about it! She is very talented for her age too! It will grow back Mommy. We used to be mad at Taylor all the time when the girls were little and it was mostly our straight faced little liar Sydney in the end who had done it! Too funny! Just laugh, you can't do anything else about it. Hide all scissors!
I still can't believe she did that. Luckily her hair grows fast.
Oh that is on the list of my worst fears! That or a kid knocking their tooth out. I seriously can't believe she was able to do that, I wouldnt have thought it possible either! That is hard to see, but at least it wasn't 6-8 inches of hair she cut off, right? It'll even out quickly enough and until then she will just continue wooing people with that big ol' smile.
oh.my.heck! that little stinker! But I agree with Lori, she is still stinkin cute with that smile and big blue eyes of hers. :)
So sad! At least you know she has mad fine motor skills ;)
that is amazing that she can cut at her age AND that she thought to cut her own hair. holy smokes. keep an eye on her!
p.s. don't worry too much. you can't even tell with all her curls!
Oh that little stinker:) That is so funny that poor Gave got blamed initially:) I am sure she is still beautiful even with some missing locks:) xoxo
I can't believe she did that! She still looked absolutely adorable, hacked hair and all when we saw her the next week. I didn't think you could really even tell until you looked close. Of course, I'm sure it still kills you because you know how thick it was before!
Post a Comment