The next day was my birthday and Mom made me a delicious German Chocolate cake. I had a lot of help blowing out the candles! After the 2nd softball game, we all got together for dinner. What a fun birthday for me!

Gabe, Mom, Mindy and baby Colt

Hayley holding Colt in his darling little sweater, heehee!! (It was a little chilly so he borrowed Nyah's spare sweater. We all thought it was pretty dang funny!) What a cute baby he is (pink sweater and all) - look at those dimples! :)



Jack and Gabe were having a grand old time jumping up and swatting at that wind chime on Grandma's deck. There was so much giggling going on, it attracted my attention and out came the camera! I love those little boys so much.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Canada family reunion
Every year Mom's family gathers from all over Alberta and the States for Magrath Days - a weekend celebration of Pioneer Day that the town puts on that includes community meals, a softball tournament, a parade, a carnival, fireworks and more. I grew up going to Magrath Days and now I get to bring my own children. It is so fun! I love tradition and this is one of my favorites. Now all my siblings and cousins come with all their children which makes it a crazy BIG gathering but a blast too!!
Here we are playing games right away - haha! That's my family for ya!
Nyah had a wonderful time copying the big boys Wesley and Gabe putting stickers all over Grandma's entry. Uh oh! (Good thing those stickers came off easily since there was about 100!)
When arrived Thursday night, we immediately headed over to the ball field to start warming up for the first softball game. This is a very serious competition! Each family has a team and since my Grandma's family has always been a big part of the community, we have plenty of people to play! There are a lot of rules - one of which is that there has to be 3 girls on the team. When we can make it, Mindy and I are usually 2 of the 3. It is SO fun to play with my sister...and Eric, Matt and Griff. Just like the old days when all of us played on a softball team in Utah. We kicked butt (although not due to me) and had so much fun! Only this tournament is even better because I have all my extended family playing and watching too! The softball tournament is always a highlight of our 24th of July trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Oh man! That was so fun. It was heavenly to see you, but two days was definitely NOT long enough. I can't wait until you come in the fall. I miss you so much. And I am looking forward to more games!
I have to admit this made me a little teary eyed--I am so sad that I was not there with my family. It stinks to be so far away from family. This summer I felt so lonely for family:( I am glad ya'll did so well witht he softball tournaments! woo hoo! I bed Grandpa was so happy:)
Awesome post sis! That was so much fun hanging out with you and Eric in Canada! Can't wait to see you again soon!
I'm so glad you captured some of the fun times in these pictures - it IS fun to go up and see all the cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents. We have a great family and lots of wonderful memories.
Post a Comment