Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Magrath Days ~ the parade

The parade is one of the most anticipated events of Magrath Days... particularly for the kids! The reason being primarily because of the CANDY! I have never seen a parade that throws out so much candy. It is positively exhilarating! :) The floats and horses and fire engines and everything else are pretty cool too, haha! Especially since we know about half the people marching in the parade. The kids go armed with multiple bags to stow their goodies in and as the parade progresses, they venture farther and farther out into the street to get the best pickins!


Gabe and his cousins Wesley, Jack, and Logan were still pretty young so they weren't as obsessed. However there were a few tears of frustration from Gabers in the beginning when he wasn't quite fast enough on the mad grab! After that my sweet little cousin Natalie took him under her wing and helped him get all the treats he could handle. I have to admit that it brought tears to my eyes... to the point that Mindy stopped, stared, and exclaimed "Are you crying?! You're pregnant!!" Haha, no I'm not pregnant, just an emotional Mama when I see someone be kind to my struggling child. Definitely an overreaction on my part but I'm occasionally weird, what can I say. :)Mindy, me and Amy - the annoying photographers walking up and down the line of family, snapping pictures! We are all bloggers, so there you go!Mindy and LoganJack, Mom, Dad and Gabe (wearing Papa's sunglasses! He is so sensitive to the sunshine... must come from living where it is perpetually cloudy!)


Griff, Uncle Bob and Matt...poised and ready to pounce!!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

The parade is one of my favorite parts of Magrath days. And even though I teased you about crying, I totally know what you mean. I cry so easily, especially when someone is helping someone I love. I love you, Baba. I just miss you so much. Especially when I read your blog.

Mindy said...

PS I loved those pictures of Gabe in dad's sunglasses. :)

Melanie Anne said...

Yeah for the parade! I think Connor was like Gabe--I remember the stres for the little guy that is trying so hard to get that candy but is just not aggressive enough:) TJ would have at least twice as much as him! Those pictures are so cute with ll the little boys ready to go--notice how Amy is holding Wes back and Gabe is already a step or two behind the lne up:) That is Conn and T alll over again--ha ha! I love Gabe in Grandpas's shades--that reminds me of conn too--he was always so sentive tot he light too! How funny--this is bringing back memories. Those two are from are cut from the same cloth:) What sweet little guys! And all too soon they are grow up to be big tough teenagers xo

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, I am having so much fun reading about Magrath Days!! Seriously, what a blast! How much fun you all had! I'm so glad. I feel bad that I don't know who some of these children are!! I will have to go through these pictures with you sometime. :) I totally miss you!

Jan S said...

Great pics - I loved the "ready to pounce" comment. That sums it up!