We ended the day by stopping for dinner in this old dining train car that was restored into a restaurant. Gabe was absolutely thrilled! (Too bad that what looked so cool on the outside was extremely shabby on the inside, way expensive and nasty to boot! Oh well, we figured it was worth it for Gabe's sake! :) It was pretty cool climbing up the stairs to eat inside a train!! We even got to see some real steam engines puffing by too! He loved it!
Thursday, August 25, 2011
A Day at Mt. Rainier
We spent one glorious Saturday exploring Mt. Rainier National Park. It was beautiful, as you can see from the pictures. The glacier was amazing to see so up close. 

We spent some time at the Grove of Patriarchs which was incredible. To get there, you had to cross this bouncy suspension bridge, one person at a time. Gabe loved it! The Grove was full of old-growth trees including Douglas-Fir that were 1,000 years old! It was amazing.













We ended the day by stopping for dinner in this old dining train car that was restored into a restaurant. Gabe was absolutely thrilled! (Too bad that what looked so cool on the outside was extremely shabby on the inside, way expensive and nasty to boot! Oh well, we figured it was worth it for Gabe's sake! :) It was pretty cool climbing up the stairs to eat inside a train!! We even got to see some real steam engines puffing by too! He loved it!
We ended the day by stopping for dinner in this old dining train car that was restored into a restaurant. Gabe was absolutely thrilled! (Too bad that what looked so cool on the outside was extremely shabby on the inside, way expensive and nasty to boot! Oh well, we figured it was worth it for Gabe's sake! :) It was pretty cool climbing up the stairs to eat inside a train!! We even got to see some real steam engines puffing by too! He loved it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
oh my goodness what an amazing gorgeous place you live:) I HAVE GOT TO COME VISIT!! Those pictures were breathtakingly beautiful seriously! wow! And your family is so darling! Gabe and Nyah are looking so big, I can hardly believe it! The train car restraunt sounds so fun--bummer that it wasn't tasty too! Darn. I sure do love you! Give those kiddos a big hug and kiss from Aunt Melanie! xoxo
PS Cannon was telling me all his "best buds" today and Gabe was right after Bridger! So sweet! Can hardly wait for these cousins to see each other at Christmas!
Wow! Those trees look amazing. I love the picture of Gabe and Nyah climbing in the roots. Those massive trunks are so cool! That bridge looks cool, too. Did you really have to walk across that bridge one at a time? Eating in the train car looks like it would be a blast... too bad it was such a let down. Still I bet Gabe did love it! That picture of Gabe examining the bark with the light filtering through the trees is such a cool picture, too. And I love the ones of Nyah. SHe looks seriously adorable with that stick or whatever it is in her teeth.
Wow, what incredibly beautiful country. Great pictures. And what darling little sweethearts; I loved those bright smiles. It looks like they had a wonderful time. I can imagine how thrilled Gabe was with a train restaurant, and he will never remember that the food wasn't as exciting as the venue. :)
What amazing pictures! I especially love the one of Gabe with the light shining on him from up above in the trees! You sure have a beautiful family Britt!
That place is gorgeous! I have got to get there someday!
Post a Comment