The Petting Zoo I had no idea that my kids would love the petting zoo as much as they did! They were thrilled and had so much fun examining each farm animal. Nyah would point to each and enthusiastically exclaim "SEE!" (a word she uses for anything she is looking at or holding!) Gabe was a little more reserved but kept his eyes on everything at once, asking me questions constantly! I just love that picture of them crouched in front of that pig!!


Gabe's favorite had to be soft little bunnies. He was so excited to hold one and waited a long time for his turn. Nyah's favorite was a big fluffy sheep. She just loved pushing on the soft, thick wool - she was pretty much bouncing off it with her arms!





After the petting zoo, we headed over the big bouncy houses and slides for Gabe. We waited in a long line with Gabe excited for his turn...only to have him climb in and climb right back out! No way!! After the first time, we went to the back to let him check out the slide and how the whole thing looks from all angles and he decided he wanted to try again... nope, same thing! That little guy is too funny! He does NOT trust those blow up things - never has. :)
So we headed back to Grandma's for a fantastic family lunch (or
dinner I should say, as everyone in Canada calls it - a much better description anyway) of homecooked food. My favorite were the new potatoes and peas with white sauce - one of my Grandma's wonderful recipes. Those potatoes were as fresh as they get too - Grandma went out and dug them up from her garden that morning!! What a woman! It was another fun mealtime with all my aunts and uncles and cousins... with kids running around everywhere! :)
Beef on a Bun Later that evening, after all the excitement of the carnival, the town served dinner to everyone: the traditional Beef on a Bun! It was delicious, as usual, and we all had a wonderful time, as usual! :) We staked out a spot on the grass next to the enormous playground so we could keep an eye on the kids while they played. It was so fun just relaxing together, listening to the live music.



The only picture I got at dinner was of my cute brother and sister-in-law, Matt and Amy! I didn't get a single picture of the festivities later that night either. We played games until 1045 before heading back to the high school fields again to see a spectacular fireworks show. I really do mean
spectacular too! It was a blast!! We even got to put the kiddies to bed early and go kid-less (woohoo!) since Grandma's house is just around the corner.
Such a FUN day!!!!
3 comments:
How funny. Jack loved the pigs, too. Especially the big, hairy black one with the tusks. Personally I liked the bunnies, like Gabe. So I made Jack hold one, but I think it was making him a little nervous. hahaha. Oh, and I loved your description of Nyah bounching off the sheep. Your kids looked so cute that day. That park was a good one! I love the pictures you got.
what sweet pictures! And I loved the video of Nyah and Dad and Mom! That sun dress is so cute! And I love her soft little girls. uh i can not get this lump out of my throat--I really missed out! I miss you and the family so darn much!!! Thanks for sharing all these great pictures! xoxo
Wow, what a fun time! I love the story of Gabe not so sure about the bouncy toy. :) And the cute pictures of them with the sheep and bunny. They are so darling. It sounds like your trip to Magrath was really fun. I am so jealous.!
Post a Comment