Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Utah October trip
I can't believe I haven't been home since last Christmas!! That is just way too long. Never again. Every time I go back to Utah, we have a wonderful time. This fall trip was full of fun activities. I got so many cute pictures I don't know where to start! Chronological order seem easiest so here it goes! First we had a lot of one on one time with Grammy and Papa which felt really good, I have to say. They came out to see us in April and we got to see them for 2 days in Magrath this July but it still feels like we don't get nearly enough time around them. One day Dad stayed home from work because of a dental appointment and the kids had fun snuggling with him early that morning.
Grammy read lots and lots of books to Gabe (and Nyah when she would sit still long enough). He loved it! He even started "reading" books to Jack one day - it was really cute!

Papa took Gabe out to the horses almost every day. Gabe was a big helper with feeding them - he is awesome at kicking that hay down the holes! In fact one morning he and I were supposed to do it ourselves (Dad had to leave super early that morning). Anyway, Gabe was so adorable. He showed me how to do the first two, then he encouraged me to do the last one all by myself... and when I successfully kicked it down the chute he said "GOOD JOB mommy!!!" with a big smile! Oh my goodness, he is so cute!
Nyah was not such a big fan of the horses at first:
She was terrified of those big, hungry beasts looming in the semi-darkness of the barn when we would enter. She would cling to Papa like a little bur! No crying or whining but no looking either. I don't think he minded one bit! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
That picture of Nyah's face with Baldo nuzzling her back is priceless! I loved it when Gabe told you good job. So so cute. It was so fun to have you guys here. Can't wait for Christmas!
Glad you had fun! Nyah's face is hilarious in the horsey pic.
What darling pictures!! It looks like the children had fun at Grammy and Papa's:) amd I know Mom and Dad loved having them!!
xoxo
That picture of Baldo leaning toward her, and Nyah hugging Papa to get away is so funny. She ended up loving the horses thoug. She also ended up being a "Papa's girl".
Post a Comment