Thursday, March 15, 2012

Gabe's snow man



We had big, fat, lovely snowflakes falling earlier this week! It only lasted a day but it was fun! Gabe and Nyah went out first thing in the morning and built a snow man. I was so impressed! Of course it was 99% Gabe but he always includes his little sis. She tried to help but since she wouldn't keep her mittens on, she inevitably ended up crying in pain from her poor hands. :( When we all came in to warm up, Gabe went right to the window, asked me to draw up the blinds and positioned his stool for the best viewing of his snowman. Of course Nyah immediately followed his example. Here they are admiring their hard work! I have to add that Gabe told me the reason his snowman is short (2 balls instead of 3) is because he's a baby snowman. Oh, and you can't see his mouth because it's like "this" (his lips are folded in a straight line...invisible!) He is so imaginative! I know he was having trouble forming balls with the wet heavy snow and he couldn't figure out what to make a mouth out of... so this was his answer to both dilemmas! But I love the nice big, round eyes and the cute arms sticking out!!

5 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

What a sweet little guy Gabe is!! I love his snowman --what a cute imagination:) And these pictures are so beautiful--the lighting is perfect! Love you guys! xoxo

Li said...

Fun! I love that he wanted to pull up a chair and watch his snowman once he was inside. :)

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

That kid has some serious talent! For real. I can't even build a snowman. Just ask my kids! lol When my sister was here from Anchorage, she had to show them how. I love that Nyah follows him around everywhere and wants to do everything he does. So cute!!

Jan S said...

Gabe is the most imaginative little boy! VERY cute baby snowman. I loved the picture of them looking out admiring their work! I think you got more snow that we did this year; we have had such a dry, warmish winter.

Mindy said...

Dang! That's more snow than we got all winter. What happened to "greatest snow on earth." Maybe it moved to Seattle. Tell Gabe I loved the baby snowman! It made me smile to hear how imaginative he was with it, too. I can totally imagine him scooting his stool to the window and looking and thinking about his snowman. Nyah and Gabe look so cute in that last picture. What good looking kids... seriously!