Below are the talented hostesses: Kristina Wi, Aubrey Petersen, Stephanie Rigtrup, Marcie Paternoster, Alexis Allen (and Kelly Jensen who could not attend). Thank you so much!!
Sunday, March 18, 2012
Tea Party Baby Shower
I have the sweetest friends. Let me just say that first. I mean who gets a baby shower with their third baby usually? I had never heard of that before I moved here. Well, I LOVE that they throw little parties and get-togethers for just about everything here and everyone supports it! It is so fun to hang out with these women. They certainly made me feel special on this occasion... which I really appreciated, more than they will know. Preparing for the birth of a new baby so far away from my mom and sisters has been hard, I'll admit it. I miss the support of my family. I mean, what can be more life-changing and exciting as having a baby?! But being so separated from my family, especially the women, at a time like this has been a difficult challenge... one that I have struggled with my entire pregnancy. So having these wonderful friends that I know care about me and support me has made that ache in my heart less. I am such a lucky girl to have them! Here are some pictures of the lovely Irish tea party shower that some of them created for me...
There was a gorgeous silver tea set with several delicious herbal teas with honey, sugar cubes, lemon slices, and cream of course, as well as a rich hot chocolate with caramel, whipped cream, and marshmallows to top it off with. (I have to say I had at least 6 cups of yummy drinks... but they were tiny cups!) Then there were beautiful and delicious scones - raspberry white chocolate, lemon, and lemon poppyseed. Dainty little Linzer cookies, fresh fruit and gold chocolate topped it all off. And all was arranged beautifully under and around the cutest decorations ever! It was darling! I appreciated and enjoyed every single detail... it was totally a girl party, my favorite!! :)
Below are the talented hostesses: Kristina Wi, Aubrey Petersen, Stephanie Rigtrup, Marcie Paternoster, Alexis Allen (and Kelly Jensen who could not attend). Thank you so much!!




I had such a wonderful time!! Here I am ready to leave for the party... me and my torpedo tummy at 35 weeks!! Hopefully only a month to go... woohoo!
Below are the talented hostesses: Kristina Wi, Aubrey Petersen, Stephanie Rigtrup, Marcie Paternoster, Alexis Allen (and Kelly Jensen who could not attend). Thank you so much!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
That shower looks so fun!! What darling friends you have! And you look beautiful! I wish so much I could have come! xoxoxo
Brittany, we absolutely LOVED throwing you this shower for your sweet baby boy!!! I couldn't be more excited for you! I'm so sorry it's been so hard away from family, I totally understand. Thank heavens for "extended" families! :) Love you!!! PS, You are the CUTEST pregnant woman EVER!! Seriously. Remind me to not be pregnant at the same time as you. lol
Oh my, what wonderful and talented friends you have. That food table was absolutely darling - fabulous presentation! I wish I could have been there. I am so glad that you have such a wonderful support group of beautiful women. You won't want to move back home! :) Please tell them I have said many prayers of gratitude for the way they have put their arms around you and made a family away from home for you. I know the Lord will bless each one of them. And you look just lovely! Can't wait for that new little one to arrive.
it was such a fun shower to throw for you..i'm glad it turned out so wonderfully! and i've already said this before but you are a gorgeous pregnant mama!
First off... you look beautiful! Seriously beautiful in that last picture. Your a knockout even 8 month pregnant! :) And that tea party. Amazing! You seriously have some fabulous friends. It's makes me happy!
Post a Comment