Sunday, March 4, 2012

An afternoon at our favorite park

I'm not sure what the name of this cool park is but we love it! There are playgrounds, lots of grass to run on, and a lovely duck pond all surrounded by towering trees. It is right next to the temple in Bellevue so we get to see the beautiful temple grounds too every time we go. We always park at the temple and then walk through this mini-forest on a trail that leads into the park. The very first day we arrived in Washington we came straight to this park. We had been driving all day and needed to get a hotel room for the evening but we wanted to let the kids out to run around first - get some fresh air and expend some energy! Eric had been telling me about this beautiful forest walk and park right next to the temple so we drove there first. It was my first experience here in our new home state. I fell in love then and we have been coming back ever since!This weekend we wanted to get out of the house and enjoy the sunshine, so we packed up and drove to the temple and our favorite park. Here are some cute pictures of Gabe and Nyah having fun on the playground. They are so fun! Gabe is getting so much more adventurous and "crazy" on the playground... Eric and I love to see him venturing further out of his cozy comfort zone! ;) By the way, it's really hard to get candid photos of Gabe because he moves around so much when he is excited... so I get these goofy-intense smiles instead! Haha!

5 comments:

Li said...

Looks like fun! We noticed that park the last time we were at the temple and Asher has been bugging me to go ever since. Glad to know it's a good one! Love Nyah's cute hat! :)

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Great pictures!! I love Gabe's cheesy grin. So cute!! We have been to that park too, and love it! I completely forgot about it!

Mindy said...

You got some really cute pictures! I love Gabe's big smiles with his scrunched up eyes. At least you can get him to look at the camera. That is more than I can say for Jack... and honestly, I haven't been taking pictures. The guilt is setting in. You took us to that park when we came to visit. It IS the coolest park.

Erin said...

Those are cutest pictures. I love Gabe's silly smiles and Nyah's sweet smiles. :) That park and trail sound really neat. How fun!

aubreyannie said...

we love that park too! paul used to work over in factoria and when ava was a baby i would meet him there for lunch while ava played. such good memories and such a beautiful hike from the temple parking lot!