Sunday, April 22, 2012
2 days old
For the first few days after bringing Ian home, my whole world revolved around this little man. When I wasn't sleeping, I was feeding him or burping him or changing him or snuggling him or kissing him or thinking about him! That is life with a newborn. A tiny, precious, brand-new baby. He is so helpless and sweet. So soft and warm. So perfectly fresh. Oh I've loved every minute. I may feel like a zombie pulling myself out of bed to nurse in the night but it is so worth it. Even at times like that, I have a hard time putting him down. When he's all sleepy with a tummy full of milk and curled up on my chest... oh my goodness, it's heaven! It doesn't matter that it's 3 am and I've had 2 hours of sleep! :) Nothing matters because it's like time is standing still and I just want to stay in the moment for a little bit longer. I LOVE having a baby in our family again. I LOVE this little boy... 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
oh Britt--you are such an amazing Momma! I have always been so impressed with your Mothers Heart--what a sweet post! I have toa agree with you completely. I remember that magical, spiritual time with a new baby fresh from heaven. I wish so much i was there and could snuggle him too! Love you lots! xoxo
He looks so cute in his blanket! That last picture in the boppy really shows you how tiny he really is. I totally know what you mean about loving newborns... even while sleep deprived and sore, they are so intoxicating. I love being a mother of a newborn, too. He is adorable, Britt!
Brittany, it's wonderful how you cherish those sweet moments of motherhood, so precious but so quick to pass. Ian is just beautiful!
Post a Comment