Friday, January 11, 2013

Christmas Eve

What a day! Before the night's festivities we got in some sledding. Mindy, Mom and I had a blast with the kids! Then we headed home for our traditional Christmas Eve...

Scrumptious dinner of Chicken a la King to remind us that the Savior is the reason we are all together as a family celebrating Christmas. I love how Mom has the tiny candles clipped to our plates. Everything is so pretty and festive!  Then the kids acted out the Nativity while Dad read the story out of Mom's bible from Jerusalem.  After that the kids shared talents... which were so fun to watch! Then we all sang Christmas songs and read Christmas stories (while eating lots of goodies) until it was time for bed so that Santa could come!


When Ian wasn't available to smother in love, she would turn all her loving attention to Gage! Oh my goodness she adored him!
Nyah made a very sweet Mary and Wesley was so cute and serious about being Jesus' daddy! Gabe and Jack made very handsome wisemen and we had Logan as a cute little shepherd. :)




Someone didn't want their picture taken, ha!
Wesley bravely sang an entire song - very cute!
Gabe recited quite a bit of The Night Before Christmas... all by himself!
Logan was so stinkin cute singing his song and swinging that bell back and forth the whole time!

3 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

Oh man--these pictures have put a lump in my throat! I miss you all so much and wish I was there for Christmas too! Brittany you look so beautiful and your family is so darn cute!! That pic of Ian at the end with Eric is so sweet! Christmas looks so fun with everybody . I miss you all so much!! xoxo

Jan S said...

I loved reading this post again today. I am so grateful that you were here for Christmas this year. I just love having you come home, although I know that as your family grows, it will be harder. I love our little traditions, too. Traditions make the holidays so much fun as we have special activities to look forward too. Thank you for putting these pictures online for us to enjoy! I love that you keep this picture history of your family.

Mindy said...

This is making me want Christmas again! That was a fun day/night. I love all our traditions.