Tuesday, January 22, 2013

not snowed in... fogged in!

I have always really liked fog. It just looks so cool.  I love the mystery of it too and how lonely it feels - in a good way, if that makes sense.  I suppose it just makes me feel introspective because it cloaks you and hides the world around you.  Anyway, we get fog regularly here in Washington and it's pretty neat.  But when I woke up this morning and looked out at thick fog again, I started having a very weird sensation that the world could be burning, for all I know, because I still can't see a thing around me!!  And for the first time I was really sick of the fog and had a strange feeling of claustrophobia.  Thankfully it blew off this afternoon for the first time in DAYS and I actually got to see a ray of sunlight (for about 2 minutes, but I'm not complaining).  You see we have been submerged in the thickest fog for probably 4-5 days. And it lasts all day - as in 9am looks exactly the same outside as noon and 3pm, etc. Always a weak, gray light filtering through very thick fog. I could barely see all my neighbors behind me - I better add that normally I can see what they are having for dinner, we live that close. (Privacy is not the strongest selling point of our house!)  Anyway, here a cool picture of our walk to the bus stop this morning....

3 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

spooky but very cool! You are going to LOVE the summer sunshine this year after such a grey winter! love you

Jan S said...

ooohhh What a cool picture! I can see how that would feel a little eery!

Mindy said...

That is a way cool picture, sis. I was imagining just how that could be claustrophobic to be in thick fog like that all the time.