I'm on Baldo, my sister-in-law Amy's horse. Dad is on his new horse Coal Train, Mom is on her favorite Chief, and Matt is riding his horse Rio. All these horses are Missouri Foxtrotters which make them the most comfortable horses to ride. They have a gait that is very smooth and fast. We love it! My parents have always loved horses and my brother Matt certainly inherited that love. So he and my Dad started buying them for hunting (another passion of theirs) and for fun riding, of course. The rest of us sure love it! We have a great time riding...I can't wait for Gabe to get a little bigger!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Bucking Broncos!
I'm just kidding! These horses are great. However, I learned the hard way that when they don't get ridden a lot in the winter, they need a little warm up time to get used to a rider again. (This warm up is best done by a really great rider, not me!) Once we got going though, the horses were great and it was a blast! We went riding this past Saturday while my sweet mother-in-law tended Gabe. Unfortunately, Eric ended up having to leave early but we'll definitely be going again sometime soon and I'll be sure to get a picture of my cowboy then. :)
.JPG)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Sounds like fun! I so miss riding. My hubby is allergic, not to mention terrified of horses - although I did trick him into riding once as a Birthday present. I don't think I'll ever get him back on one. Crazy that someone who skydives, rockclimbs, etc. etc. is so afraid of an animal! I liked reading your tag too.
Okay, okay. I wrote that horse post the morning you guys went on your ride. So after I'm done bragging up my horse, Matt comes home and tells me how he was acting up at the beginning of the ride for you. Sorry. I usually make Matt jump on him for a few minutes before I do on the first few rides of the season. I'm glad you're okay and the pictures are really fun:) Isn't that West Desert fun with all the gaiting country?
Wow- you are true outdoors-woman! (Is that a word?) I wish I desired to ride a horse but they seem scary to me!
That WAS a fun day! Let's go again soon. You look good in the saddle! Now you've just got to figure out how to stay there - and me too! haha! XO Mom
That looks so fun. I love the horses - they look awesome. And the riders too! :)
That picture of you on Baldo is so cool!!!! Dad
Post a Comment