Eric has decided that every weekend this summer that I'm not working, we should be camping. In an attempt to protect my sanity I've declared two nights is the maximum I can do without my bed and even then, one night is plenty for the average weekend get-away! Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy camping. I grew up camping! My parents love the outdoors. We never went a summer, or even a few months, without some kind of excursion involving tents and dutch ovens. I had lots of birthday parties around the campfire with an upside-down pineapple cake with candles in it (my b-day is in July and often coincided with one of our camping trips)! However, now for some reason the idea of sleeping on the ground and no showers is less appealing. For an extended period of time, that is. As long as it is limited to one night (2 max), camping is a lot of fun. It feels so good to be up in the mountains away from everything. I love the smell of the pines, the fresh air, the beautiful hiking, relaxing around the campfire...the whole experience can be so invigorating! I'm actually getting more excited for the summer just writing about it! We are planning on doing a lot of hiking and horseback riding as well. Eric even wants to rent some 4wheelers one day! Sounds like one action packed summer. I wonder if Eric is trying to make up for our last summer which was spent indoors with our new baby? This summer Gabe is in for a treat - lots of fresh mountain air and sunshine for our little man! Of course, he isn't a complete stranger to the mountains...we have taken him quite a bit up the canyon and even over night once last fall when he was 4 months. Here is a picture of us up American Fork canyon last October...we were trying to do tinfoil dinners with Eric's siblings but we ended up getting rained out! It was a lot of fun anyway!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
If you need someone to go along with you... count us in! We just bought a camper... you don't even have to sleep on the ground when you go with the Hancocks!! :)
Sounds like fun! Ditto to the 2 night max.
Yeah!!! I'm sure our family will be right there with you! It will be interesting to see how these little boys handle it!?! I never knew Eric was such an outdoorsman!
Wow- camping every weekend? That is a little much for me. But, I do love doing outdoor stuff like four wheeling. I just also really like my bed at the end of a fun day! But, I am sure you guys will have a good time! I am so excited for summer!
You must be your father's daughter!! We did have alot of fun in the outdoors, eh? We should all go back for a few days to Beaver Creek; and look again at all the sites like Tuitsigot and Motezuma's Well. You could relive the night you woke everyone up in out tent screaming; thinking a tarantella was crawling over you face!! Love you, darl'n. Dad
Let me know how it goes with the little man. We haven't been around the mountains the past few years, but I've always wondered if I would want to go camping anyway with little ones... I'll have to get some tips from you!
yeah! We want in. Hopefully my weekends off coincide with some of yours. :) Love you, sis.
Your such a good wife and Mommy! I think camping with babies is a nightmare! I guess I am just not dedicated enough--I did try for many years though! I have officially given up until my youngest turns 2-3. We are into day trips now--BORING me!!
Post a Comment