Friday, March 14, 2008

Tagged

This is the second time I've been tagged so I'm going to combine the two since I never got around to it last time (sorry Cristina)! I am going to tag my sisters: Erin, Mel, and Amy.

TEN YEARS AGO I WAS:
1. In my second year of university at the U of U and trying to decide which part of the medical field I wanted to go into.
2. Moved out of my parents house and living with friends in a little house in Holladay...I'm a real grown-up! :)
3. Getting ready to spend the summer in Italy on study abroad and saving up to travel Europe while I'm there!
4. In the middle of my first "adult"(and I use that term loosely here) relationship that ended up as a complete disaster. (gotta have at least one of those, I say)
5. Really getting into the exciting new world of snowboarding...which at this point had become my favorite winter pasttime and was soon to be taking up more of my time than even school!

THINGS ON MY TO DO LIST TODAY
1. Super clean the kitchen (done, thank goodness)
2. Do my mini workout and go to physical therapy for my shoulder at 4pm
3. Research online strollers, car seats, and backpack baby carriers (for hiking), all of which we need to buy for Gabe this spring.
4. Make dinner later; new recipe Asian Grilled Salmon (yum)
5. And the biggest and BEST part of the day...caring for and playing with Gabe!!

THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WAS SUDDENLY A BILLIONARE
1. Buy a house on a beautiful, big piece of land with lots of grown trees. (Plus a beachhouse on the coast of Oregon and a gorgeous cabin in the mountains!)
2. Start traveling the world (in our own Lear jet, of course) with a nanny so we could bring Gabe but he wouldn't miss naps and could still go to bed early!
3. Get a personal trainer and home gym.
4. Donate to the church.
5. Invest the rest to Eric's heart's content. :)

BAD HABITS
1. Biting my nails. (Eric has challenged me to quit by the time I turn 30...that gives me 4 months. Unfortunately, I've been trying to quit for almost all of those 30 years so we'll see how it goes! :))
2. Eating late at night.
3. Reading too much fiction.
4. Taking really long showers-especially in the winter. (They are just so relaxing I can't make myself get out!)
5. Being late for church.

PLACES I HAVE LIVED
1. Utah (Logan, Midway, Heber, Sandy, Holladay, downtown SLC, and Cedar Hills)
2. Arizona
3. Colorado
4. California
5. Italy

JOBS I HAVE NOW OR HAVE HAD
1. Cleaning houses and making icecream cones at Snelgroves (highschool years)
2. Brief stint swirling cones at Golden Spoon- yes, I like icecream! :)
3. Waitressing at Giardino's, Dos Serranos, and Lodge at Snowbird (college years)
4. Registered Nurse at LDS Hospital in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit (last 7 years) - we actually just moved our unit to the big, new hospital: Intermountain Medical Center.
5. MOMMY!!!

THINGS PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME (quirky things about me)
1. I'm an insomniac - although it's better since I don't have to work nights anymore.
2. I think baking is very relaxing when I'm home alone!
3. Cloudy, rainy days are the best!! I feel so invigorated on those days, whereas sunny days just drain me. Weird, I know.
4. I actually like snakes but I'm deathly afraid of and HATE centipedes and cockroaches.
5. I hate hate hate jogging!

yes, the list goes on...
6. I'm a Canadian citizen as well. (always American first and last, though!)
7. I have a compulsion to run when I'm cold (as in, from the car to the house or store, etc)!
8. I like rock music although I've turned more toward Coldplay, John Mayer, and Dashboard Confessional-type music now that I'm a mother! :) (Old Favorites include Linkin Park, Bush, and Limp Bizkit- that last one being slightly embarrassing! I must admit I'm really into 30 Seconds to Mars now - it takes awhile to phase this stuff completely out!!)
9. I get really emotional when I'm tired...the emotion tending toward irritable-to-tears within 10 seconds, so watch out!
10. I've never broken a bone... not for want of trying though. For example, just this weekend I got bucked off a horse twice! Ok fine, I fell off one of those times. :)

THINGS THAT MAKE MY LIFE SUPERFABULOUS RIGHT NOW
1. A fun and loving husband and a darling little boy!
2. The gospel
3. Being able to stay home and care for my baby full time (thank you Eric for your dedication and hard work- I love you!)
4. Good health- for me, Eric and Gabe
5. My incredible parents and siblings (and their spouses) as well as my awesome inlaws! We have such an amazing family!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah...it was so fun to read about you, don't worry about it!! :) I totally bite my nails too and I have been trying to quit also...it's a very hard habit to quit, if you figure it out, let me know :)

Erin said...

Oh, what a fun blog post! I loved reading it. Fun that you are making Asian Grilled Chicken. I've been wanting to try it out. I love your idea of having a nanny to travel with. Like you say, naps wouldn't be interrupted and the kids would be well rested and happy the whole time. Yes, Yes, being late for church has been my lifelong goal. I finally had a stint of being on time, and then Eliza came along and we are back to being a bit late again. I think your cloudy/sunny rational is intriguing. I think you have a point; sunny days are sometimes draining. I have a great story about a MONSTER centipede (actually millipede) that Jed crossed paths with in Korea. (You know how they slept on the floor...) Remind me to tell you later, and you can have nightmares about it.

Mindy said...

That was fun to read. It is kind of fun to see all that information together. And you DEFINITELY hate cockroaches.

Amy said...

Hey babalouie! This is Matt. Great post! I was totally captivated by what you were writing- reminded me of my mission and how much I used to love it when I would get home from a long day and find a letter from you!! It was really fun riding the horses with you today sis- I sure love you.

Jodi said...

I feel like I know you so much better now! I am glad someone enjoys the gloomy days- I don't so much.

Anonymous said...

Baba, your cute personality comes out when you write! Did you know that? I REALLY enjoyed ready this. I have some fun memories of you, Arizona and cock roaches!!!. . . one with a tarantula spider while camping!!!. . .both of those experiences are recorded in my journal! . . . and that day you came off your horse "twice". . .YOU GOT RIGHT BACK ON!!! Love you, Dad