Oooooh! I really cool carved wooden lobster in a trap. There are a ton of neat fisherman carvings downtown on the waterfront- Gabe loves them!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Salmon Days
There is a festival every October in Issaquah called Salmon Days that celebrates the salmon trek up the rivers and streams to spawn. It is a very fun festival with a great parade and lots of booths and activities. It reminds me of Swiss Days at home (for all you Utahns reading this) except we got to see the actual salmon themselves struggling up a local stream on our walk back to the car! Pretty cool!
That is my little man with his Aunt Crystal dangling out over the water trying to touch the salmon! (his favorite thing lately is to say "I touch it!" about pretty much everything... including the unreachable like airplanes, power lines, and salmon swimming far below in a stream!)
I have to say the low point was NO CANDY in the parade - poor Gabe got gypped after I hyped up the whole candy part of the day. Uh oh. However there was a really cool pirate float...complete with swaggering, yelling pirates smoking real cigars and setting off "cannons"! They threw out some pirate treasure and Gabe got a big, fat, silver pirate coin!! That almost made up for the lack of treats. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the pirates- they were great! Later on Ronald McDonald came along... and by Gabe's reaction you would have thought he was the Grim Reaper! He was terrified!! My little guy was shaking with fright, literally crawling up my arms to get away from that horrible clown! It was awful! Long after Ronald had walked on, Gabe kept peering fearfully down the street to make sure he wasn't coming back!!
The best part of the weekend was that Eric's mom and sister Crystal came for a visit. It was Crystal's first time to Seattle so we did all the fun things for newbies! Gabe especially enjoyed being lavished with attention the whole weekend!
Oooooh! I really cool carved wooden lobster in a trap. There are a ton of neat fisherman carvings downtown on the waterfront- Gabe loves them!
Gabe getting a free ride while clutching his beloved Sea Otter from Grandma!
Oooooh! I really cool carved wooden lobster in a trap. There are a ton of neat fisherman carvings downtown on the waterfront- Gabe loves them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
WHat fun!! That sounds like a fun weekend. I loved the story about Ronald Mcdonald. That is hilarious. Poor Gabe ...no candy and a weirdo tormenting him! Ha ha! Bridger was looking at this post with me and kept saying "I really miss my little cousin Gabers Mom" So do I!! Love you!
That is really exiting!! Poor Gabers no candy and now he is scard of ronald mcdonald! I wish I could be there I miss you all! Hope you love Seattle! Love you!
I think you are Eric do so many fun things as a family - you are great parents. I am so glad that grandma Cheryl and Eric's family can come out so much. I can hardly wait to see you all next month. 'SUre miss you. Lots of love, Mom. Give Eric and Gabe a big love from me!
It is so fun to look at your blog. Congratulations on the pregnancy!
I didn't know you lived in Seattle! Where have I been! How neat. It's beautiful up there, as you know. Congratulations on the pregnancy! Hope you are feeling good.
-April
I am still laughing about Ronald McDonald being the grim reaper! That is so stinkin' funny!
The trip sounds so fun! By the time I come visit will you be so sick of taking people to pikes market and out for fresh crab??? I hope not! :) Love you!
Wow! That sounds like so much fun, sis! I love the picture of Gabe trying to touch the salmon. He is such a little corker. And I can just imagine him loving the pirates. How funny about him not liking Ronald McDonald though. :) I wonder what he'll think of all the kids dressed up on Halloween. He'll probably love it since kids simply are not as scary.
Post a Comment