#1. Donning the appropriate jammies. We have a skeleton that sits on the mantle during October that Gabe calls Mr. Bones. At first Gabe did not appreciate him sitting up there... he would inform me often with a concerned look on his face that he was scary! But once we gave him a name and talked about how he is our friend, Gabe cheerfully greets Mr. Bones every morning and says goodnight to him every night! :) Gabe was thrilled with these PJ's because now he is just like Mr. Bones!!
#2. Making pumpkin cookies. Gabe and his little bud Ethan had fun with this activity. You can eat goodies while you're working and after you're done! Those little boys were so cute sampling the frosting, cookies and even the sprinkles during the whole thing!
#3. Opening a Halloween package from Grandma. My mom sent us a box of surprises for Halloween and Gabe was soooo excited to open our "present"! It was complete with spooky rat silhouettes to put around the baseboards, a witch's hat, a book for Gabe, treats of course and even some earrings for me! Thank you Mom!! We loved it!
#4. Visiting the pumpkin patch. We went to the best pumpkin patch when Caitlynn was here visiting this weekend. It had a tractor train ride (I learned quickly that that barrel we are crammed into was clearly not meant for adults...what a long ride that was! Too bad Gabe wouldn't go in without me!), a corn box for the kids to play in (Gabe's fave), farm animals to pet, pumpkins to peruse, all kinds of kid's activities, a corn maze, and a hayride. It was so much fun - definitely a new family tradition! (Uh, Gabe is not a smiler even though he is having a blast. It's takes him a while to take in each new thing and then he lets us know he loves it! Unfortunately, his feelings are rarely shown to the camera though!)
This week is pumpkin carving and trick or treating! Check back soon because Gabe is going to be one cute, I mean ferocious, dragon for Halloween!!




7 comments:
Wow!! Wow you are such an amazing little Mom and homemaker! I loved this post--you have been busy. You ahve really inspired me to get into the holday spirit! I seriously LOVE this time or year--but I have spent most of the month getting unpacked and organized. I only have a few days left. Britt those cookies look so yummy--you should post the recipe on Sisters Cafe. I love all the pictures. I miss you and your cute little family like crazy! Please kiss Gabers for me and tell him his Aunt Melanie and cousins love him so much! XOXOXO
I LOVE fall too. Your pictures are so fun to see and I love reading about all the fun things you are doing. Hope your pregnancy is going well. When do you find out what your having? I saw your Mom the other day at Bassett Furniture. Seeing her brought back so many memories. Your Mom is so cute Brit!
I am so grateful that Gabe has such a wonderful mother Britt! It thrills me to see him doing all the fun things you do with him! Making cookies with his mom is a memory he will have a lifetime!
Love
Grandma Cheryl
That was such a fun post! Oh, I miss Gabe. He has such an adorable personality. I loved that story about Mr. Bones! I can totally picture him doing that. It looks like him and his friend Ethan were having a blast making the cookies. I did that with Wes last week and it was a MESS but totally worth it. I can't wait to see his Halloween costume. And I am just on the edge of my seat waiting to hear the gender of this new baby so make sure you let us know as soon as you find out!
What fun pictures! I love all the fun things you've done. I'm totally going to use your cookie decorating idea. In fact, maybe I'll do it tomorrow. So fun!
We loved those pictures, Brit! Dad and I both thought Gabe looks so grown up. They move out of the baby stage so fast. You are a cute little mom . . . I remember making cookies with you kids when you were little - such happy memories!
We're so glad you liked the package. It was fun to prepare it for you. It helped us not feel so lonesome for you.
Love, Mom and Dad
Wow! I was super behind on your blog. I loved that post, sis. Gabe's jammies are so cute, and I love the story about Mr Bones. I can just imagine him telling you he is scary and then deciding to be friends after all. :) The pumpkin patch looked fun, too. And I LOVED the pic of Gabe eating the cookie. Oh, and the recipe night sounds like fun. Wish I could have come.
Post a Comment