
Gabe is a whopping 3 now!! What a big boy! We had such a fun day... It started out with a very serious, complicated cake decorating session. Gabe wanted a train cake like "James-the brightest red engine on Sodor" (that's Thomas the Train for those of you without toddler boys!) Unfortunately, our James turned out more pink than red, despite my liberal use red dye! Gabe didn't notice though and of course I made no comment! :) The rest turned out pretty cute and Gabe was
thrilled with it. Well, look at all those cars full of candy... how could he not be excited?! It was such a fun activity with my birthday boy.

After naptime we headed to the
zoo!! Eric took the afternoon off and met us there - what a treat! We had a great time exploring the Woodland Park Zoo - the weather was gorgeous and the place was not busy at all. Gabe's favorite was the giraffe (which unfortunately I didn't get a picture of, sorry babe!)


I couldn't leave out the picture of the homeless orangutan! He looked so funny hunched under a piece of cardboard in the midst of a gorgeous rainforest enclosure! 
Then we headed home for a
pizza party and presents!! 
Gabe got a big boy
bike from Mommy and Daddy!

It felt wonderful spending a whole day celebrating our little man. Gabe has been such a joy in our lives... there aren't words to describe how much we love him. He is so full of life!
Happy Birthday Gabers!!
12 comments:
I'm glad Gabe had such a fun birthday. That's great that you found a bike!
Baba. . . I loved that cake!! Your mother used to make birthday cakes like that for you kids. .but I don't think that elaborate! I love that first picture. Miss you guys, Dad
Wow! Three years already, it's gone by so fast. Gabe is such a cute boy and is looking more like Eric every time I see his picture. Your cake turned out adorable and homemade cakes take so long to make and come with so much stress but you really did great! Happy Birthday Gabe!
Happy Birthday sweet Gabe!! I remember like distinctly the night he was born ---stadning in the the hall with the door cracked and hearing that first little cry--and hugging MOm and crying with happiness! And the first time I got to meet him and the first time I held him and kissed his sweet little cheeks. I remember thinking about the little boy I was carring within me and knowing that they already loved each other--that they had just been together in heaven excitedly preparing for this new experience together. Knowing that they would be bonded to each other as cousins and family always! It was a special time. i sure love your first born! He is a sweet little spirit and he has a special place in my herat.
WOW--that cake is AWESOME!! I think I might just copy cat you and do the same one for Cannon--he would LOVE that!! I love you sis!!
Coolest cake ever Brittany! Happy Birthday Gabe!
I love the Cake! I bet Gabe had the time of his life helping to make it. He is such a sweetheart! My favorite picture is the one with him blowing out the candle! I can not say it enough, how grateful I am that my grandbabies have such wonderful, loving parents. You are the best.
Love you all and miss you!
Grandma Cheryl
I am with everyone else. That cake is amazing! I would have been so excited about that if i was a little kid. Who am I kidding? I would be so excited to get that cake as an adult. :) You should post on The Sisters' Cafe how you did it. I would love to have that documented for future birthdays.
I love the first picture of Gabe with his cake. He is grinning SO big. I got teary eyed reading Melanie's comment. I remember when he was born, too. he was such a sweet, perfect little baby. No wonder he is still a sweet, perfect little boy. I miss him! It looks like you guys had so much fun at the zoo, too. I really need to take Jack. I know he would go crazy over all the animals at the zoo. Definitely when you come this summer!
i just looked at the pictures again, and I have to say I really like the picture of Gabe blowing out his candles, too. I love how his little lips are shaped into a perfect "O". What a "big" little guy!
Happy Birthday Gabe!! I can't believe he is 3 already...we met when you were pregnant with him...time flies! Your little girl is so adorable too! Hope you are doing well.
Wow, those are the cutest pictures ever! He is so amazingly excited about that awesome cake. What a super duper fun mom you are! The zoo looks like a ton of fun! And a big boy bike! Wow! Happy Birthday Gabe, you cute boy!!
He is such a cute and happy little guy! What a fun birthday!!! Great job on the cake as well!
Baba - that cake is amazing! I was finally able to download the pics today and I LOVED this blog about Gabe's b-day. he is so cute and you and Eric are amazing parents. Miss you!
Post a Comment