Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Nyah looked so beautiful at church this Sunday! She wore a gorgeous little dress that Mindy got for her... she has never looked so adorable! Thanks sis!!I had the funniest conversation with Gabe that morning. (And no, Dad, Eric had nothing to do with this conversation - it was all Gabe!!) I had just finished getting ready for church and came out to get Gabe dressed...


Gabe: Mommy! You're all dressed up! You're dressed up like a prince!

Me: you mean a princess?

G: ya, you're dressed up like a princess!

(here he wants to touch my earrings and bracelets)

G: mmmm, what's that smell Mommy?

Me: it's my perfume.

G: I LIKE it!

Well, at 2 years old, he has already figured out all I need for Mother's Day (with a little help from Daddy)! Breakfast in bed (when he actually fed me my scrambled eggs!), a beautiful glittery card, and lots of enthusiastic approval on how I look! Heehee! :) What a great day. I LOVE being a mother!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Eric coach him on that? Well done, if he did. . . but it kinda sounds like Gabe to me!!! What a dumplin! Dad

Mindy said...

That made me laugh imaging him saying all those nice things and wanting to touch everything and smell you. What a little cutie pie! And Nyah looked so pretty in her dress! I am so glad you like it. Only wish I could see it in person...

Melanie Anne said...

Wow--you do look gorgeous and so does Nyah!! And way to go Gabers!! He is a very good boy!! I miss you all sooooooooo much!! Give those kiddos a big hug and kiss from Aunt Melanie

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

What a cute story. Love her little dress!! Great color on her. And very unique. Love it!

Erin said...

My goodness, that is the cutest baby girl with the prettiest dress! What a gorgeous dress Mindy picked out! You look beautiful, sis. And I just love love love that conversation you had with Gabe! Good for you for recording it! It is so sweet it just melts my heart - I can only imagine how special you felt as his pretty princess mommy! :)

The Wi Family said...

So sweet!!! Gorgeous little girl and Mama :)

Jan S said...

I loved the pic of Nyah in that darling dress. You must be having so much fun dressing her up!
I'm so glad you had such a nice day - you deserve to be called a "Prince" . . . er, "Princess". :)