*I have to add that yesterday as Gabe and I were weeding, he was helping me by placing the yanked out weeds in a pile. Every time I would hand him a weed, he would say "FANK you!!" as if I had handed him an unexpected treat! It was so darling! At one point I needed to use a shovel to get at a stubborn weed and Gabe stopped what he was doing, stood there watching me curiously and said: "What on earf you doing, mommy?" It was hilarious!! What a cutie pie!
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Our little helper
Gabe is such a little helper these days! He has always loved to help me make dinner or cookies (dumping in each ingredient is so fun!) but now he is helping me unload/load the dishwasher, fetch ingredients for baking, and clean the bathrooms too! Seriously, how nice is this?! I'll admit that he isn't the most efficient worker yet (not for lack of trying though) but it feels great to have his sweet smile and helpful attitude around while I do my chores. He is just adorable when he tries to wait patiently for his turn with the rag while I'm cleaning the sinks in the bathroom. Hearing "is it my turn, mommy? Is it my turn?? Gabe's turn!!" the whole time is really a great motivator to work fast! And it is so sweet when he reluctantly but obediently gives it back when I remind it it's my turn now. I can tell it's hard on him but he will brightly say "Mommy's turn!" and then almost immediately start asking if it's his turn again! haha! 
I'm not the only one that is benefiting from Gabe's willingness to help! He is Daddy's little helper too as you can see! We went to Costco and bought some trees and plants for our yard and Gabe helped load them on the cart and push it out to the truck. Luckily I had my camera and could capture the moment. He LOVES to help Daddy - especially outside in the yard. Last night the three of us were planting trees in our backyard...in the rain, I might add. Eric was attempting to dig through straight rocks and clay (uh, where's the awesome soil I thought would be here?) and so Gabe and I were collecting the rocks and putting them in his little wheelbarrow. It was such an adorable picture of him hunched over in his rain coat, industriously picking up rock after rock and piling them up. What would we do without our little helper??!
*I have to add that yesterday as Gabe and I were weeding, he was helping me by placing the yanked out weeds in a pile. Every time I would hand him a weed, he would say "FANK you!!" as if I had handed him an unexpected treat! It was so darling! At one point I needed to use a shovel to get at a stubborn weed and Gabe stopped what he was doing, stood there watching me curiously and said: "What on earf you doing, mommy?" It was hilarious!! What a cutie pie!
*I have to add that yesterday as Gabe and I were weeding, he was helping me by placing the yanked out weeds in a pile. Every time I would hand him a weed, he would say "FANK you!!" as if I had handed him an unexpected treat! It was so darling! At one point I needed to use a shovel to get at a stubborn weed and Gabe stopped what he was doing, stood there watching me curiously and said: "What on earf you doing, mommy?" It was hilarious!! What a cutie pie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Oh my gosh Britt! Your family is so adorable. I haven't seen your blog since before Nyah was born so it was super fun to catch-up! You look fantastic and so, so happy. I am loving my little boy, but girls are so fun too. Thanks for keeping your blog up-to-date. I love seeing your cute family and all the fun things you do:)
Yeah--go Gabers!! What a big boy! And all those plants look so good. I can't wait to see your yard! XOXOXO
Oh, I LOVED those stories about Gabe trying to help! What a sweet little boy. He really does look like a little boy instead of toddler. It is so weird not to think of him as a baby anymore. And I loved the "What on earf you doing, mommy", too. I miss you guys! PS I'm glad Eric's clothes fit him!
Oh Brittney, we got Nyah's birth announcement and I can't get over how beautiful she is! She is a perfect little angel! I'm so glad you sent us a picture. I was so excited. I can't believe how BIG Gabe is!! I feel like you just barely left! I can't believe how fast time flies. It was so good to catch up a bit. It looks like everything is going really well. We miss you!
haha! He sounds like such a darling! I love the quotes - FANK YOU! and What on Earf you doing, Mommy? What a cutie pie!!!!
He is getting so big! And look how long his hair is getting! He is changing so much every month and I adore his kind and sweet disposition. Wesley will have a ball playing with his cousin this summer.
That little Gabe is so darn cute! I love his gentle way of interacting - please and thank you and appreciation for things you do for him. What a joy it must be to be with him each day. We are blessed he is in our family!
Post a Comment