Wednesday, May 19, 2010

smiles

Nyah is smiling now... a dangerously intoxicating event for me since she gets in the happiest moods right after nursing - usually in the middle of the night and early morning when I should be sleeping! I can't tear myself away for a minute until she is completely smiled out! My cheeks start burning about half way through because I'm trying so hard, heehee!! I love it! She is the most adorable little sweeting on the earth! She smiles so big it takes over her entire face and her countenance just beams! Then she wiggles and squirms like she can't even contain her happiness! It is so adorable that I get a lump in my throat sometimes! I love this little girl so much.(ok so she isn't smiling here but I had to include it anyway...she is just too precious!) (Oh my... she looks like such a chubby checker in these pics!! I love it but it's not accurate at all. I guess everyone gets a second chin when the camera is 6 inches away!)

*Side note: Gabe just walked in from his nap upstairs and was counting 7 "foots" on his bear (wow) when I noticed his entire lap was soaking. (Yes, we are starting potty training again - updates coming soon!) Anyway, so I say...

Me: Uh oh, did you have an accident during your nap? Did you peepee in your underpants?

Gabe: No, that's water. That's water, Mommy.

Me: Hmmm, I think it's peepee honey, let's get these off and get you some dry ones.

(We are starting to remove the questionable item of clothing...)

Gabe: OH!! That is peepee!! You're right mommy, that's peepee.
(He is genuinely surprised and graciously concedes that I was right!! He cracks me up!)

7 comments:

Brianne said...

I just love those gummy smiles!

Gabe is hilarious. I love that he didn't know how his pants got wet.

Kristen said...

What adorable smiles!!! Also, I LOVE the story about Gabe... how sweet is he!

Erin said...

Gabe is so so so cute! That last conversation made me laugh. What a darling! Good luck with potty training!!
I absolutely loved seeing all the pictures of Nyah smiling. She is such an angel! Her smiles really do light up her whole face. She is so cute with those big brown eyes. Her eyebrows are so perfectly formed too, they are tilted in the sweetest angle when she smiles. So adorable.

The Wi Family said...

She's so sweet!!! Love it when they start smiling!! And Gabe is so funny... Love those 3 year old conversations.

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Oh she is so cute!! Love her bow too.

Amy said...

Awww....what a rewarding time of motherhood.

Jan S said...

I laughed out loud when I read this blog. I'm so glad you are recording these memories!