Sunday, May 2, 2010

snapshot moments

There are moments in time you want to make sure you never forget - those snapshots of life that are precious. As a parent, they seem to happen pretty regularly! Gabe and Nyah bring so much happiness and laughter to our home...


Gabe's Precious "bb"

All of his blankies are dear "bb's" but the "bugs bb" has been his favorite this past 6 months - thanks Aunt Erin for making it!! :) He takes one corner (his favorite being the ripped corner for some reason) and holds it to his mouth as he makes a soft sucking sound - like he is sucking on an invisible binki. Gabe has always found comfort in this, usually when he is tired... even as a newborn he would nuzzle his face into the blankey and do it. It is one of those unique and endearing things about him that Eric and I will always treasure. We are already sad for the time when this quirky habit fades!


The Milk Coma
Nyah drunk on milk!! :)


Family Time
Right after FHE one Monday evening. I am cuddled with Nyah (in her milk coma aftermath) while Eric reads to Gabe before bed. I love this picture because it reminds me of how I felt at that moment: utter contentment and happiness with my family.


Too Tired to Play
This was a monumental discovery... finding Gabe asleep on the couch one morning! He has never fallen asleep outside of his bed, ever! I guess waking up at 5am every day is starting to wear on him... thank goodness! On this day, story time had been interrupted by Nyah needing to be nursed. I told him I would return to finish reading to him and he fell asleep as he waited for me. Poor tired little guy! Unfortunately, this 10 minute snooze spoiled his real nap, darn it! No more sleeping on the couch Gabe!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

What a neat glimpse into your life... I love these kind of photos... The ones that take you back and let you feel the moment again and again just by seeing picture! What a cute family you have!

Armstrong said...

It looks like you guys are so happy. I can't believe how much Nyah has changed. She is adorable! I am glad you post often so I can stay caught up on your life up north. Let me know when you are coming to visit and I will plan a NICU party with friends and food. We all still miss you and talk of you often. Keep up the blogging!

Brooke said...

I love reading your blog! It always makes me feel happy, you are such a good little mommy and wife, your kids and hubby are lucky to have you!

Jodi said...

You look SO happy in that shot of you holding Nyah. I love, love, love it! I know I have told you it before, but I just think you are one fantastic person :)

Melanie Anne said...

I just loved those pics of Gabe and Eric. He is such a cute Daddy. The ones of Nyah just made me laugh out loud! :-) HOw cute!
Yes, I know what you mean about looking around and seeing your life for its beauty - just the normal, everyday happiness of it. Heavenly Father has blessed us so abundantly.

Mindy said...

I totally know what you mean about those life snapshots that are so precious. I am trying to be better about getting out the camera when they happen. I loved those pictures. So did Jack! He is sitting on my lap looking at your blog with me. He started to laugh when he saw the pictures of Nyah in her milk coma, which I thought was so cute, too. She has Gabe's big eyes! I love that 2nd picture of Gabe b/c of those big blue eyes. We miss you!

Melanie Anne said...

Augh--I see that Mom left another comment as me:) It makes me feel like I am going crazy--because I don't remember these pics or typing that! Anyway--I am soo happy that you are so happy. I love these pictures--especially the milk coma!! I LOVE that with new babies! It is so sweet. Their needs are so simple--just milk and snuggles (and a few diaper changes on the side:) XOXO