Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I love Mother's Day!

Mother's Day has always been a favorite holiday for me because I love my mother so much!!  But now it's even better because I get spoiled too!  This year I got to go to a special mother's day lunch at Gabe's preschool... it was wonderful! He helped cut up the fruit salad for our lunch, sang me songs, and best of all, presented me with beautiful handmade gifts! I just loved it. (Those flowers are made from cutouts of his own hands and the bottle is covered with papermache-type tissue wrap! And the butterfly picture is made from his own hand prints in paint - so cute!!)

On actual Mother's Day I got pampered with a (quick) breakfast in bed of eggs before church at 8:30am!  I enjoyed a lovely church service - and even got served cheesecake, yum.  Next I enjoyed a wonderful nap... and then after naps we headed to the park to fly kites! What a FUN day! 

4 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

What a sweet kiddos you have! And what a beautiful Momma they have:) Love you guys!! xoxo

Li said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day! :)

Jan S said...

Fun pics Baba. You are an incredible Mother so I am glad you had a good day! I love you - "big as the sky" XOXOXO Mom

Mindy said...

Oh, britt. That last picture of Nyah is priceless! She seriously looks beyond adorable. Kites look like so much fun. I love that picture of Eric with the kids holding the kite. We tried to do kits on Easter and the weather was too good. Not enough wind! :) I'm glad you had such a fun mother's day! Your preschool gifts from Gabe made me excited to have Jack old enough to do stuff like that. It looked so sweet! I really can't wait for Gabe and Nyah to get here to play with my boys!