Captain Gabe had a pirate party for his 5th birthday! We started off by sending out these invites:
Eric and I had entirely too much fun burning the edges of each invitation... it was a very good thing that Gabe was in bed and didn't see how fun it was to play with matches, haha! :)
Once all the little pirates arrived and had donned their skull and bones
eye patch, they ran around shouting "Aaaaaarghh!!" while brandishing
their hooks (the crooked finger!) Next Gabe showed off his lego pirate
ship. His audience was enthralled and Gabe was loving every minute!
Then we played some pirate games like musical islands and toss the gold coin in a bowl full of prizes.
Then we read Gabe's new book How I Became a Pirate and they headed to
the table to eat pirate ship cupcakes (as per Gabe's request) while
shouting "DOWN THE HATCH" and pounding their fists on the table!! Ok,
that last part was in my imagination - I loved that part of the book and
was actually encouraging them to forget all their manners and act like
loud and obnoxious pirates.... but alas, these kids were far too polite
and didn't even burp once at the table! ;)
(Thanks Mel for all the great ideas on how to throw a pirate party!!)





5 comments:
That party looks awesome!! i loved the cupcakes--so cute! Happy Birthday Gabe!! We love you so much! xoxoxo
Great party! Kaylin had so much fun!
Asher had so much fun!! He is convinced that the pirate gold he got is real. :)
YOu are such a talented, creative mom - it looks like all those little pirates had a lot of fun - such cute decorations! Happy Birthday, Gabe!
That looked like a blast! Happy Birthday to our Gabe!!! Wish Jack could have gone. :) I love the picture of Gaber with his pirate hook (AKA crooked finger). The decor looked awesome, too. I love that book, too! The pictures are awesome. Oh, and I totally know what you mean about having too much fun burning the pirate invites. We burned a treasure map for Jack's room, and Griff and I had a blast!
Post a Comment