Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First day of school

Look at our handsome kindergartener!!  Today is Gabe's first day of school and our whole family has been so excited!  Eric gave him a Father's blessing this morning and then he was off!  It felt really weird but really cool walking him into school this morning.  It's been a looooooong time since I walked the halls of elementary school but it felt just the same.  I love that smell of sharpened pencils and the organized chaos of it all. :)  I am so excited for our little man. This year is going to be a big adventure for him!

5 comments:

We are 3. said...

Look at him! Sooo cute Brit!

Grandma Cheryl said...

Gabe looks so handsome but too little to be going to school to me. It seems like he was just a baby yesterday! Where does the time go? Thanks for sharing this picture Britt!

Lori said...

Such a big boy! That must feel crazy weird for him to be so grown up already. I hope he has a fabulous year!

Mindy said...

What a grown up boy! But really I think the same as Cheryl... is Gabe REALLY old enough to be in kindergarten?! Where HAS the time gone? He looks very handsome though. I love that Eric gave him a blessing, too. And as soon as I read the "smell of sharpened pencils," that scent came back to me immediately. I love that smell! I didn't think anyone used sharpened pencils anymore, though. It seems like a mechanical age. Do they still have the hand cranked pencil sharpener in the corner of each room? I wonder. You'll have to look for me. I'm feeling nostalgic.

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, he is so handsome! I can't believe how old he looks in that picture. He has such a charming smile. He is such a cutie! I can't believe he is a Kindergartener now! Wow!