Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day












Hopefully everyone had a great Valentine's Day! Gabe and I spent the afternoon at Mel's making goodies for this special day. It's always so much fun to hang out over there. Cannon and Gabe don't actually play together yet but Gabe sure enjoys Cannons toys! Mel and I always love to get together and cook up a storm. Unfortunately there isn't much time since we usually cram these cooking sessions inbetween nap times and even if we didn't, Mel is one busy girl with five boys to take care of (make that six, right Brad?!) Anyway, the real fun came later that evening after Daddy (aka Eric) came home from work! (Luckily it didn't take him 3 1/2 hrs to get home like the night before in that horrendous blizzard.) Gabe and I had a special surprise in store for him...balloons with little love notes hanging on the strings! Yes, I know, very very cheesey but I don't care! That is what Valentine's Day is for!! And I even got a single red rose out of it - very romantic. :)



Now I had to post the funniest picture of Gabe and Denali staring at the balloons. They stared and stared until I finally got the camera - I was cracking up the whole time! When I brought the balloons home from the store, Gabe was absolutely fascinated. He and Denali were both transfixed by this bunch of strange and slightly scary things hanging out by the ceiling. I think Gabe liked them but Denali was very suspicious and watched those balloons with something like terror in her eye. If I bumped one or something, she would scramble up like it was about to attack her! It was so funny. Eventually they both got used to them and in the way of babies and dogs, the balloons were old, boring news. :)

11 comments:

Jodi said...

Um can I just say that the popcorn you brought over was so yummy! Callie and I ate it all up before Dave could have any! Thanks! You are too cute with all of your Valentine decorations :)

Team Box! said...

What a fun night! I love the balloon story, the first time bent saw balloons too, he was just mesmorized by them! Its really one of his favorite things to play with, why buy expensive toys?!!
Me & my girlfriends have a cooking blog too. We just got it started though several days ago, its simplysatisfying.blogspot.com

Amy said...

I love the balloon idea! I've never thought of doing that before! You and Eric are such a cute couple. Love ya.

Unknown said...

I love the decorations...too cute! You are so creative! I bet Eric was so happy when he got home from work..so fun!

The Lamberts said...

I love the cheesy you. Welcome to the blogosphere. So, now that we've been neighbors for 7 months, when are we getting together? We have to meet Gabe too. And you'd die to see how big Maddie is. My life mellows in March, so let's shoot for something then. Hopefully no more snow. Ciao, Jen

Erin said...

I read this post a few days ago, but wasn't able to leave a message since Eliza was on my lap. I love your balloons for Eric. What a cute, fun wife you are! I love all the pictures. I'm so glad you had a happy Valentines!

Melanie Anne said...

That is so funny about Gabe and Nalie with the balloons! You look very cute with your rose from Eric! Love you!

us*limes said...

brittany,
well, kenzie was telling me she met a girl who was related to bob rice at church the other day. sh... don't tell her, but she thought your name was heather, so i googled you and found this blog so we could see if she and i were thinking of the same person.
so, you ARE google-able! and i am so glad you are, cause i found you and can keep up with you and your cute boys.
my email is adnahs@hotmail.com and it would be great to hear from you!
shanda
oh, and by the way, cute valentine's stuff. i may steal your idea for next year if that is ok.

Amy said...

You're so cute!! What a fun wife and mother you are!! Oh, I hope it's ok, but I'm stealing some recipes off sisterscafe! There looks like there are some yummy ones that I really want to try! Love you!

Mindy said...

Brittany... I am a bad wife! That looked so sweet. I am definitely motivated for next year. I loved the picture of Denali and Gabe gazing at the ballooons and I laughed out loud when I read it. So cute. And you look very cute with your Valentine Rose... very romantic.

Anonymous said...

YOu are a cute wife, Baba . . . Wow! Eric must have loved coming home to all the decorations! Mom