Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rock climbing

Rock climbing is one thing Eric and I have both never done...until last week. Even though we were on a beginner climb, it was a little scary scaling a cliff using your fingertips and toenails to grip the face!! That's what it really felt like too! I'm beginning to understand the whole obsession some people have with climbing now...it is exhilarating!









Actually, the rock climbing wasn't for us - it was a Young Womens activity. Cami (our very own in-house rock climbing expert) with her husband Scott, agreed to take us all up the canyon, tie us to a rope one by one, and point up a cliff saying "go"! :) It was so fun! My own sweet hubby Eric, came to "assist" as needed (or in other words get in on the fun). It was a blast to have my man there...everything is more fun with Eric in attendance! Only 2 young women came but we had a wonderful time. Our YW presidency is so FUN...I'm looking forward to lots of good times ahead!

9 comments:

Jodi said...

Did Kelsey get up there? Way to go prego lady! You guys look so tough up there on the mountain. I am scared to death of heights, so it would take a lot to get me to do it!

Brooke said...

That looks like fun! Your blog is cute too and little gabe is so adorable!

Melanie Anne said...

Wow--that looks awesome!! What a cool activity! Your such a hip prez! Love you!

Mindy said...

Cool activity! I went rock climbing a few times in college, and I loved it!

Marnie said...

Wow, Baba. That looks pretty intense. I think that I would like to try rock climbing sometime. Hmmmm....guess it might be kinda hard with these fake nails I just got...

Amy said...

I love rock climbing and repelling! I haven't done it in years, but it sure is fun! How's YW President going? I still haven't got you the other info I was going to try to send you. Do you still need it? Let me know! I know you're such a fantastic Pres! Those girls are lucky!!

hemming family said...

Brittany! What a cute blog! Gabe is darling! Maybe You, Eric, Ben and I could go rock climbing some time. I am not good at all. It was fun to see you at the owlz game. I feel dumb but I forgot half of your email. Mine is lisa.hemming@gmail.com. Email me and I will send you my blog.

Erin said...

What a seriously awesome mutual activity. My girls would be so jealous. I'm glad you had fun!

Erin said...

by the way, I just noticed Trade Wind on your list of favorite books. I just finished it yesterday. (The last time I read it was SO LONG ago.) It was really good of course. I had forgotten how deep it was - and how well MM Kaye developed the characters and the setting. It is all very well written and developed.