Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's spring time...

It may be snowing outside but spring really is here... all the ducklings and chicks have arrived! Mindy took us all to IFA to see them - the boys loved it!! I have to admit that I did too! Those sweet little baby birds were so cute! The funniest part was getting up the courage to let the baby turkeys "eat" our fingers... I suppose they thought we had some treats for them because they would peck at your fingers if you went to touch. The pecking felt like soft, gentle tickling - certainly not painful, but startling nonetheless! The little kids weren't scared at all but all of us that are older (and no doubt have had more painful experiences with sharp beaks) were big scaredy-cats! By the end we were all giggling over those funny baby turkeys. What a fun spring outing!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm- a little offended we didn't get an invite! Looks like a really fun outing though!
-Matt

Jeff and Nanci said...

I totally want to take Gracie there. She would go completely nuts. Does it cost anything to go see them?

Jan S said...

That brought back a memories of when my Daddy brought home baby chicks in the spring from the co-op in Lethbridge - hundreds of them - and we thought they were so fun. There is nothing cuter than those little ball of fluff! I bet the kids loved it.

Erin said...

Oh, that looks so fun! Fluffy little chicks. I wish I knew of a place around here to find baby chicks...

Mindy said...

That was SO fun! I liked how you told about the funny baby turkeys. I seriously think I like all the babies more than the kids. :)