Monday, March 2, 2009

1 brave lizard

Santa left 4 lizards in Gabe's stocking Christmas morning. This is the sole survivor - primarily due to my own vigilance at keeping him alive! The other three have fallen victim to Nali's sharp teeth with Gabe as a guilty accomplice. Denali knows she is not allowed to eat Gabe's toys and is generally very obedient to this rule, however...I can admit that it would be difficult to have Gabe shoving these little delicacies into her mouth on a regular basis without a little chewing here and there! I don't hold Nali blameless, though, since the mangled remains of the first lizard were found between her paws shortly after Christmas. Ever since witnessing such a grisly scene, Gabe has apparently assumed that the lizards should, in fact, be eaten by the dog. Every chance he gets now he is trying to maneuver them into Nali's mouth. Since I'm usually in the room, Denali tries her hardest to evade - it's quite funny to watch! I have reminded Gabe dozens of times that they are his not hers but he never gives up. One day I found the lizards placed millimeters away from a sleeping Denali's muzzle - Gabe's offering of a tasty treat upon awakening! With the way things are going, this poor little guy doesn't stand a chance...

10 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

That is hilarious! What a smart and obedient dog to resist gabe's offerings! I can just imagine this--so funny!!

Mindy said...

Poor little lizards. It makes me laugh imagining Nali resisting while looking at you out of the corner of her eye... So funny! Table decor, lizards... what will Gabe discover to feed Nali next?

Jan S said...

That's funny. Welcome to a little boy's world!

Jodi said...

I can't get enough of the travels of Nali and Gabe! They seriously act like siblings! Poor lizard- that is hilarious!

Unknown said...

That is hilirious! When I first started reading I thought they were actually real-life lizards and I was thinking how traumatic that would be! Good thing they are really NOT alive...Funny story!! :)

April said...

Poor lizards! Did your dog get sick? I guess that's what happens with dogs, bless their hearts.
-April

Amy said...

Gabers, you goof ball! Those two are so hilarious with each other!

Erin said...

hahaha! I love it! That is just hilarious! Gabe is such a funny little guy! I just love him!

Kristen said...

That is really funny. I can't believe he actually eat them... how big are they? Anyway, little boys just crack me up!

Marnie said...

Too funny! I think it is adorable what great friends they are.