Tuesday, February 24, 2009

GO JAZZ!!

This past Saturday, Rhett and Sara gave us Jazz tickets (again)... 100 club courtside tickets!! It was awesome! When you're front and center, the whole game is changed... it is so in-your-face and exciting! We loved every minute of it! As exciting as the game was, I'm not sure if that was my favorite part or if the dinner before the game was... yum! It was so good that I stuffed myself - I could barely walk down to the game! :) Rhett and Sara are such sweet, generous friends - we love hanging out with them!How is this for "in-your-face"!! The players standing so close they are blocking your view! :)
One of my favorite parts of being so close to the players is that you get to see them interact together and with the refs...and even with the fans! At one point in the game, D Williams was being guarded very "efficiently" by Paul and during a break in the action someone seated by us complained to him about his heavy handedness. Well, Paul said back with a smile "Hey! He is doing the same thing to me and the ref isn't calling it!!" and the fan said back "well I don't care... he's on our team!!" It was all good-natured bantering - I loved being so close to see it all. It made the athletes so much more real. What a fun night!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow!!!! My boys would be in heaven! They know everything about the Jazz and they love all the players, especially Korver because he does not have tattoos! That is seriously close !!

Erin said...

Holy Cow! How exciting! I love the little conversation you quoted - how funny. Sounds like a blast!

Mindy said...

That is so amazing, sis! I'm jealous. It was fun seeing you and Eric on TV that night!

Jodi said...

That is so awesome! What amazing seats! I love that you could hear a player talking to a fan- how cool. By the way- the picture of the little baby a few posts down is unbelievable. What a miracle!

Melanie Anne said...

That is so fun!! Brad and I got to do that and it really is amazing! It spoils you though--it will be hard to go to the Jazz game in the normal seats now! You got some great pictures!!

Unknown said...

I'm not a huge fan of pro-basketball but if I could have seats like this I'd be there for sure! It looks like a lot of fun...you should definetely keep the friends that gave you those tickets:)
Hope your weekend getaway was fun! Also I still have your key and a piece of mail that came to our house for you, as soon as I get a chance I'll run it over.

Amy said...

Ok, I am so jealous!! I love the Jazz! I watched that game, I must have missed you on tv! Darn it! It looks like you had fun! Great pictures!

Jeff and Nanci said...

Totally jealous! I went to a Jazz game 2 weeks ago, but my tickets weren't as nice as yours. I think my nose might have been bleeding just a little. Lol. It was fun though. Bailey got two tickets for Junior Jazz and she invited me. We had a blast.