Thursday, February 19, 2009

Powder Day

We hit the slopes yesterday with Eric's friend Rhett and his wife Sara... it was SO fun! Eric and I love the mountains, any time of the year. Eric is a skier but the rest of us were on snowboards (really the only way to have fun in the snow - haha!) It was the perfect day... perfect powder, perfect weather, perfect company. Aaaaah - what a great change from mommy-duty and daddy-work! :) Thanks Rhett and Sara for sharing the tickets with us!!
It was so beautiful to be up in the mountains. The snow was gorgeous - like a thick, glittering blanket draped over everything. I love the scenery almost as much as the action!Here is Eric charging down a black diamond in the deep powder - he lives for moments like these. :)


P.S. Caitlynn, thank you so much for tending Gabe! We love you!!

8 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

Those pictures are AWESOME!! So beautiful up there! That sounds like so much fun. I am so happy you got to go. I know how much you LOVE snowboarding and it is hard to get away when your a Mom. I will take Gabe for a day if you want to go again!Love you!

Kristen said...

That looks soooo fun, great pictures! We are supposed to on Saturday with some freinds but I am really sick with the flu! Yuck!!!! I am so glad you got to go! And thanks for posting the gorgeous pictures so I can at least dream about it!

Mindy said...

Wow, beautiful pictures! I didn't know you went. I am SO jealous. But I'm glad you at least got to ride the powder. :) Ride or Die!!!

Jodi said...

That looks like so much fun! I am not a skier or snowboarder, but Dave Loves it! What a fun day away from the daily routine.

Jan S said...

Looks like fun, Baba. 'Glad you got to go. Boy, what beautiful terrain and views!

Marnie said...

Looks like you had a fun day! I miss the snow...

Erin said...

WOW! Those shots were great! Utah is absolutely gorgeous. I forget how stunning the mountains are...

Jill said...

You are such an athlete Britt! I used to be okay at skiing but now I can barely go down the greens without falling...
I was just thinking about the time we skipped school and hitchhiked up to Brighton. Remember how that Jeep pulled over to pick us up, but we didn't go with them because they were totally high? Good thing our parents didn't know everything we did!
Love you!