Tuesday, April 6, 2010

HAPPY EASTER!

It was our first real holiday alone... strange and a little lonely but we made it fun! We had our friends Raelynn and Brett over for dinner (made possible by Mom's delicious food in the freezer!) which helped make it feel special for us all. Gabe was super excited to have the Easter Bunny come and leave him a basket of surprises! When he woke up Saturday morning, he got to search for all the eggs he dyed with Grandma, then find his Easter basket... I got all the excitement on video! Holidays just get better and better as he gets older! Gabe was THRILLED with the giant bug that the Easter Bunny left for him in his basket. He caught me saying "ewww, gross!!" once and from then on has been informing me that his bug is "not gross, Mommy!!" :)
Nyah slept through it all but I had to include her in the photos!

I had to include this last picture... as you can see, Gabe is thoroughly enjoying the little farm animals he got in his basket! :)

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Gabe's faces in all of those pictures are so cute... totally classic little boy. He is just the sweetest, funniest little guy. I miss him so much! And Nyah is beautiful, as usual. I miss you guys, sis!

Kelly said...

I love the BUG!!!!

Amy said...

Happy Easter! I loved all the pictures of the Easter festivities! Oh and that Nyah. Well I haven't seen her in person yet, but she actually looks a lot like Gabe to me! But a daintier, girl version of course. I'm so glad mom was able to come out and spend a few days with you. Isn't that wonderful? There is something so special about the way she truly loves her grandchildren. Love you, hope all continues to go well!

Erin said...

Happy Easter! I love all those pictures! You put some great stuff in his Easter basket!

aubreyannie said...

oh i know it. all the holidays are hard if you're not with family. they're just not the same. but i've come to realize as the kids get older that they keep us busy and having fun and we tend to forget that we're not with family because we now have our own little family. at least that is how this easter was. :)

i'm glad you guys had a nice easter..what cute easter baskets you guys put together!

Melanie Anne said...

What a happy Easter!! Gabe looks delighted--and Nyah is darling!!

Jan S said...

Gabe's face is so cute and expressive in all these pictures. What a cutie! The baby looks so sweet too. It looks like you had a fun (and yummy) Easter. What a happy home you are creating. XOXOX Mom