I love her oh-so-soft skin. She has a beautiful, porcelain complexion that is silky to the touch. I could (and do) stroke her cheeks and her soft, downy head all day!
I love her silly expressions which can range from a grimace of disgust to a goofy smile all in about 3 seconds - usually accompanied with a lot of stretching and groaning!
I love the tiny little rolls of fat on her legs. She is not a chubby baby but those little rolls are just adorable... I'll be so sad when they disappear.
I love her tendency to go practically comatose for about 2 minutes after nursing! She will break off and throw her milk-smeared face back and then just stay that way, limp as a noodle, until she finally rouses herself a few minutes later. It is the cutest, most endearing thing.
I love her wide, wide eyes... so wide sometimes that there is a ring of white around her deep blue iris. It gives her this adorable look of shock!
I love those moments when time stands still as she looks directly into my eyes while I talk softly to her. Nothing wavers about her expression - just a slow blink now and then. We are the only two people in the world... it is amazing.
I love her soft, sweet smell. There is nothing like it.
I love her little personality. She is sweet but spunky- easily comforted but lets you know, in no uncertain terms, when she needs your comfort! She is incredibly alert and interactive, even at her tender age. 
Although it has only been a short time with her here, I feel like I really know her. But then I believe we did know each other before... that we were very close and loved each other dearly. I am thrilled to have been sent her sweet spirit to our family. I feel like we have been so blessed with our darling Gabe already and now we have our precious Nyah. Life can't get better than this..JPG)
(Her signature wide-eyed look of shock! What a doll.)




13 comments:
So gorgeous!
Congratulations Eric & Brittany. She looks so sweet and precious. I'm jealous.
She is so darling! Congrats!
She is so precious. I love these pictures!
I loved that post. She is so sweet. I love that first picture, especially. She looks so beautiful! I am dying to hold her! I loved how you did the "I LOVE"s big, too.
Oh what a beautiful post! And what a BEAUTIFUL little girl you have! Seriously--what a gorgeous little lady! Her eyes are captivating! I can not wait to hold her and love her!! I sure do love you and am so happy that you have been blessed with a daughter...and a precious son! XOXOXOXO
Hey, can you send me the picture that is second from the bottom for my kid wall.
Oh Brittany, every post of yours just seems to express similar feelings that I have had recently. A new baby brings such peace and happiness to a home, especially after all the attention has been solely on a loud and crazy toddler!
I agree 100% with all your comments!! I have felt all those feelings every day since little Hadley came into our family. Babies are amazing! They bring so much love into your home!
She is so beautiful! And you are so poignant with your thoughts.
Thanks for your sweet comments Brittany! We LOVE our photographer. Her name is Kristen Honeycutt and her website is kristenhoneycutt.com She's seriously awesome (albeit a little pricey). But she has a newborn package (basically 3 sessions, newborn, 6 mos, 1 year) for $500. She's a NICU nurse too, so she knows how to handle newborns. She'll come to your house for the newborn pics too. It's not too late!! :)
She is so sweet! Congratulations! I've just been looking over your pictures from the past few weeks. What an amazing experience childbirth is and all that comes with it. I hope you're feeling well and recovering quickly. You look great! Thank goodness for Mom's, huh. They're great to help.
-April
Beautiful photos. What a sweet baby!
Post a Comment