Heard of it?? haha. :) We headed out for a long weekend with some friends to hike in the rain forest, see some wildlife, and check out the gorgeous Washington coast beaches. We didn't glimpse any vampires but the country is just as beautiful as you have imagined! The forests are so deep in shadow with moss literally dripping off every surface, you feel like you have stepped into this fantastical world where a fairy or troll just may appear at any moment. It really brought out the fanciful in me! It was beautiful. The trees grow in the most peculiar shapes and SO TALL. We saw some breathtaking waterfalls and gorges. Wow. Everything about that place is amazing. I love that we live relatively close. I forgot my camera when we left home (I was a little distracted after discovering that my wedding ring had had a nasty encounter with the garbage disposal... another story.) Luckily Toni took lots of pictures to share and I was so happy at how many really great shots she got! She's much more artistic of a photographer than I am!


.JPG)

.JPG)
The only non-tropical rain forest in the world is in the middle of the Olympic Peninsula... the Hoh Rain Forest. Just one of the things we got to see and experience.
I also loved the wild, rugged beaches out there. Most of the pictures we took at the ocean were at Rialto Beach. The beach was littered with enormous wave and water beaten logs that are bleached white. Very cool. We even got to watch a humpback whale out in the water for awhile. What a wonderful experience! I could have stayed there all day.





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
What a fun trip! Toni got some great shots. I love Nyah's hat! Too bad you didn't run into Jacob. Maybe next time.
BEAUTIFUL pictures! Seriously gorgeous! I loved the pictures of Nyah in her flowered hat. And I loved the picture of Gabe in the rain forrest. The one of your family sitting on the driftwood was awesome too. Looks like a great trip. Someday I want to go explore it with you. You just brought it to life with your words. I love the way you do that Baba.
Those pictures are gorgeous! Love the ones with the bay in the hat. Be sure to send them to me.
Grandma Cheryl
Hey sis! Those are some really cool pics. I think my favorites are of Gabe in front of that mossy log and Nyah when she's not smiling. That picture is fantastic. She looks really cute in it. Love you Baba. Sounds like you're having a great fall. We had Logan's first birthday party at moms tonight. We missed you guys!
PS- what's the significance of Forks WA? Should I have heard of it?
LOVED those pictures. Someday will you take Dad and me to see this area? I love the way you described it. I could imagine the beauty.
The kids looked so cute - I wanted to just reach into your blog and give them a big kiss! Your friend does take great pics.
It is a beautiful place, isn't it!! And you got some gorgeous pictures too!!
Wow, that looks gorgeous! And your family is gorgeous too. Gabe is getting so big and Nyah is adorable!!! I got your card :) I'm glad you like it!
These are some seriously beautiful pictures!
I checked out this post a few days ago but didn't have a chance to leave a comment. these pictures are gorgeous!! Seriously, so beautiful. I guess I didn't realize there was a real Forks, Washington. :) I bet everyone living there feels vampirish now. :) Jed and I watched Eclipse last night together. :)
I love the picture of Nyah smiling her heart out! That beenie is adorable. Did you crochet it?
I love the picture of Gabe in front of the mossy tree trunk. The pic of the trees dripping with green moss is so pretty. I wish I could have been there too! I'm glad you guys were able to take a trip there. How fun!
oh wow--Forks looks just like the movie! Beautiful and kinda spooky:) I LOVE that darling beanie on Nyah! What a cutie pie! Gabe looks pretty cool in those shades! Whst a good lookin family!!
Post a Comment