Monday, October 4, 2010

We love visitors!!

My friend Jodi sent me a few more pictures of the day we spent at Pikes and the aquarium! They were so cute I had to update this post and add a few. Gabe was a little shy of Callie at first but her sweet and friendly personality soon won him over and he was just loving his little buddy! We used to live across the street from them... boy do we miss that!Those 2 loved the tide pools. I thought someone was going to take a header in there a time or two! :)Cute little Princess Callie! (Can't wait for our little princess to get to the stage of make-believe and dress ups!) *uh side note... this is Nyah's backup outfit (due to a mishap with diaper vs. clothing) and it was cold out...hence the strange combination of hat and fleece jumper!
My sweet cousin Sara came to visit and spent a whole week with us seeing all the many sights of Seattle! It was so much fun. She was adorable with kids too... Gabe loved her. He thought she was there all for him! Here are a few of the fun things we did....

Alki Beach in West Seattle We even saw a newborn harbor seal on the beach (being protected by some animal activist group so the mama seal wouldn't abandon it)! Later we went to Salty's for dinner. While we were enjoying our crab legs and the amazing view... we saw a big sea lion swimming out in the bay! It was so neat!
Ballard Locks and the beautiful gardens outside the entrance Well, I had to add a picture of my dream yacht... beautiful....Gas Works Park The Troll! park in Queen Ann... forgot the name but it has a wonderful view of the city as you can see:Seattle Center Sara took Gabe down into this fabulous fountain while I nursed Nyah. There was music playing as the water would shoot out and mist bubble up from underneath. It was so cool! Gabe was loving it! In fact he was dancing a little jig at one point - so cute! Bellevue Botanical Gardens Sara especially loved these, as well as the grounds at the Seattle temple, since she graduated in Agriculture and works at Temple Square in their amazing gardens.
they spotted a tiny green frog!
My friend Jodi also came in town for a couple days with her darling Callie. It was so fun to see an old friend from Utah! We met up with them for the day and did Pike's Market and the aquarium. I was so distracted catching up and having fun that this is the only (good) picture I got!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Uggg.. you beat me to it! I can't believe that is the only one you got:) I'll email you a few of the others.

Armstrong said...

Looks like good times! I have seen the TROLL and think it is sooo cool. You live in a beautiful and fun city. Love all the pictures.

Mindy said...

How fun, sis! I want to be your visitor again! It sounds like you had a lot of fun with Sara. That is so neat that she came to see you. And I'll bet it was fun to see Jodi, too.

Jan S said...

How fun that Sara could visit. You two have always had a sweet bond of friendship. It looks like you had a wonderful time together. You and Eric are the best "hosts" . . . can't wait until Dad and I can come again.

Jodi said...

Love the update! Cute! Man they did love those tide pools :)