Monday, May 9, 2011

catch up

I just haven't been my usual blogging self lately. Maybe it's a writing funk, more likely it's due to a happily busy spring. Who knows, but I'm ready to catch up and jump back in!! The kids have been so fun lately. Gabe is flippin' hilarious and Nyah is growing by leaps and bounds, it's crazy! Here are a few pictures of our little doll in March and April: Early March I walk into the room to find Nyah STANDING in her crib for the first time! Yay baby! :)Just before her first birthday Nyah started crawling up on things! Reading her new birthday books from Grammy and Papa while kneeling cozily on the stairs - a new and exciting conquest, by the way. (Navigating the stairs, that is!)

Now Nyah is pulling herself up on absolutely everything - my favorite being my legs while I'm trying to cook! That is really fun to have a swaying baby looking up at you with big, hopeful eyes while you're juggling pots and pans! She is even practicing walking with the aid of anything pushable, the kitchen chairs being a favorite! She will push around the little walker but it tends to move a little too fast and she inevitable ends up on her face over and over. It usually doesn't stop her though - she will keep on trying... albeit crying every bit of the way! The drama really never ends around here anymore. :) I have a funny video on my iPhone of this that I would love to post here (if I can ever figure out how to download my videos onto the computer!)

Now Gabe is growing up just as fast as Nyah. I can hardly believe that he was once her size! He is getting so tall and handsome. He asks "why?" to everything imaginable. When I heard of this preschooler habit, I laughed and thought it sounded so cute... well Eric and aren't laughing anymore! :) I'm just joking! For the most part it's a ton of fun talking with our little man and analyzing and discussing every last thing he hears or sees!!! haha! Here's a few funny pics of him the past month:I was cleaning the bathroom and I'll admit the fumes were a little strong but I cracked up when Gabe came stumbling through the doorway with his backpack over his head, declaring that he couldn't smell anything anymore! Obviously couldn't see anything either by the way he kept running into things! It was too funny! {I have to add that the other day we were laughing about something and Gabe said "you're cracking!" then he tried again: "I'm cracking you!" Then I finally helped him out by saying: "you're cracking me up!!" It was sooooo cute!!}Gabe's new favorite thing is boats... he can make boats out of just about anything and on this day it was his bb's all lined up on the floor. Then he proceeded to load the boat by placing just about every toy he owns onto the blankets. I come upstairs to see our entire toy closet emptied and everything neatly piled up, ready for a voyage. At least it isn't in massive piles, helter-skelter, like when he was in the garbage truck mode! Everything in the house was trash (from my toiletries to dvds to silverware) and ended up in large trash heaps... much to my delight. Well, all I can say is he has got a great imagination and I'd rather him be doing this than watching TV. *sigh*


Gotta love these kids!!!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Gabe cracked me... Ha haha! What a cutie! Nyah looks gorgeous in the last picture!

Melanie Anne said...

Oh my goodness--i LOVED this post!! It was so fun to read about Gabe and Nyah's fun little personalities! Your children are both so precious and darling. Gabe is getting so grown up and handsome--and that little Nyah is GORGEOUS!! I love all her dark hair now! So sweet! I really really miss you guys! xoxoxo'

Grandma Cheryl said...

I love the last picture. So cute be sure to share. these posts of random everyday life are my favorite. It helps me feel like I am not missing as much. We really miss you all so much! The kids are growing up so fast.

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, too funny! I was laughing out loud throughout the whole post about Gabe! He is so darn funny! I love the backpack over his head while he was navigating the fumy bathroom! And the anecdote about his “I’m cracking you!” comment was too funny! I love the picture of his stacked up toys on his boat, and the hilarious description of how he used to just dump everything he could get his hands on into one big trash heap. How delightful!  ha! He is so funny!
Nyah is so bubbly and happy. What a darling. I love all the milestones at this age – standing up in the crib, climbing stairs, pulling herself up on things. Loved the comment about trying to cook dinner with her wobbling against your leg. This is such a happy time. A time you will look back on with fond memories. It’s really neat that you have documented these little snippets of daily life for you to have forever.
Love you, sis!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

They are growing up so fast! I can't believe how much Nyah has changed just in these past couple months! She looks like such a little girl on the stairs reading her books!! And I LOVE her double pig-tails, to-die-for!! Gabe is awesome. I love that kid, he is so hilarious and brilliant! Don't they always say the more questions you ask the smarter you are? :) I love his imagination with the boats. Such cute kids!!