Sunday, May 22, 2011

Last week

Last week was a full week! Full of crazy fun events, both day-to-day and special occasions.
Starting with the weekend: We had a baby shower for my friend Marcie on Saturday. It turned out so cute! And so much fun (of course) to spend time with girl friends celebrating the imminent arrival of a baby! *I have just decided that I have too many cute pictures and find the need to make the baby shower it's own post later... pics to come!*


During the baby shower, Cheryl and Eric took the kids to the beach. From what I heard of their adventure, it was a blast and the kids were in heaven! My sweet hubby included me in the fun by sending me a few precious pictures on my phone:


That evening Eric and I went to the Seattle Symphony while Cheryl kindly tended the kids for us. It was wonderful to have some grown-up time alone and getting some culture into our lives wasn't bad either! :)

Monday Gabe got to go to a horse farm for a preschool field trip. We bushwhacked through trails overgrown with spring growth in search of frogs and slugs and the-ever-interesting bugs! Gabe was delighted by our little farm friends - a cat and a dog that followed us everywhere we went. The cat was an aloof sort, curious enough about what we were up to but not particularly excited to see us. The dog, on the other hand, was adorably sweet and playful and loved the kids to death! They even had her swimming and diving for rocks they were throwing in the stream! (see her down below in the water?) The day was topped off by Gabe's opportunity to ride an enormous draft horse! Gabe has ridden horses quite a lot for a guy his age but I was still surprised to see how little he looked astride that huge beast! The rest of the week was filled with equally exciting events like Nyah discovering the fun of riding our own horse Denali :)...Nyah emptying out the bath toy drawer (a favorite pastime) but this time crawling into the drawer herself! Gabe came racing downstairs to tell me Nyah was in the drawer and lo-and-behold she was in the drawer! haha!!


Nyah teaching herself to go down the stairs (video of this but no pics)...


Nyah standing alone more and more. She is going to be up and walking any day!


Nyah copying every little thing I do during the day... and Gabe repeating everything I say all day! Wow I really need to be on my best behavior now! :)


Nyah has been reaching so many milestones lately. She grows and learns everyday and keeps us tightly wound around her little finger! Just today Eric said he wished she would have been an identical twin because then we could have had two of her! Of course he was kidding but I totally get it! Nyah, Nyah, Nyah. She is our feisty, little darling and Gabe is our funny, little man of the house. He is a complete sweetheart with her and is the best big brother in the world. He loves to play with her and hates her nap time. He almost always loves to include her (and when he doesn't love to include her, politely shuts her out of his room so he won't be tempted to push her over when she gets into his things! :) Something I have encouraged since it gives him space and avoids a lot of tears and frustration around here!) She couldn't have been given a better brother and I'm thrilled to see how much they love each other already!

5 comments:

Erin said...

That is so sweet. I love hearing about how Gabe and Nyah interact with her. I think it is SO Sweet that he hates her naptime and loves playing with her (nicely) and when he doesn't want her touching what he's playing him, he shuts his door. Such a sweetie. You should know that not all big brothers are like that... :) (for the record, Ben is nice to Eliza..., but not as consistently as Gabe is to Nyah. :) )

Melanie Anne said...

What great pictures! Nyah looks so adorable in the sand, on the Denali and in the drawer! What a cutie! And I had to do a double take on Gabe on the HUGE horse. I thought it must be Nyah at first--That horse is gigantic! Geez, Gabe is brave to get on that thing!
Thanks for posting all these pictures! xo

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Such a cute post Britt! Love the beach pictures! How fun! I may have to steal some shower pics from you (any chance you can make me look 50 lbs lighter in them? lol). May I also steal some of the field trip pics? So cute! And what a fun day. Love the pic of Nyah on Denali. What a sweet doggie!!

Jan S said...

Such cute pics! Thanks for posting and letting us be part of what is happening out there is Seattle.

Mindy said...

Ok, I don't think I saw this post before! I loved it. Jack is looking with me, and he said immediately... "Oh no. Nyah making a mess!" And then he just walked away when I started typing and said, "Thank you mama." He likes seeing all the pictures of his cousins! :)

Gabe looked so small on that draft horse! It makes you realize how big they are! And I loved the picture of Nyah on Nali. I remember Gabe doing that. What a good doggie.