Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Alki Beach with Mom and Dad

One of the first days Mom and Dad were here we took them to West Seattle to enjoy the sunset from Alki Beach. There is a great boardwalk to stroll down and lots of sand. Very cold water and tiny waves but Gabe still gets very excited to be at the beach! It's fun to be by the bay... even though, I have to admit, I much prefer waves crashing on the surf. Smelling the salty air and seeing that great expanse of water feels good though. {Last time we were here we got a special treat - there was a tiny baby harbor seal sleeping on the beach while it's mother presumably was fishing! No luck this time though - just squawking sea birds!} After we lingered on the beach for awhile, enjoying the view of Seattle in the distance, we went to Pegasus Pizza for dinner. One of Eric's favorites - yum! It was a really fun evening - sharing one of our "normal" outings with Grammie and Papa!
Gabe making a sand castle with Grammie! Not the best picture. I was trying to get the pretty skyline... obviously I am no photographer! :)Grammie and Gabe checking out the waves - they splashed pretty big on those steps! Exciting stuff!!Nyah was desperate to play in the sand - kept lunging out of our arms to get down and cried piteously in the stroller. What could I do but let her crawl around in it?! She loved exploring this new world and was absolutely devastated when it was time to go to dinner! :)

6 comments:

Mommy Amy's blog said...

It is so weird to see you guys wearing warm spring/winter wear. It is in the 80's and 90's here during the afternoon! It looks like you guys had a great time with your parents. My family just left on Monday (they were here for Wes' blessing) and it was hard to see them leave!

April said...

Brittany-
It is so beautiful up there! Your kids are getting so big and they are precious. I sometimes miss the good ol' times at Skyline. It was fun and care-free (relatively speaking). Take care.
-April

Jan S said...

Thanks for a WONDERFUL week, honey. You guys are so fun to visit - showing us all the sites. I loved Pike's market and the hike we went on, too.

Melanie Anne said...

Oh what sweet pictures!! How fun to have MOm and Dad there--and what a beautiful place Seatle is!! I have got to come visit you!!
PS I LOVE Nyah's coat! So cute--what a stylin little lady:) xoxo

Erin said...

Those were such cute pictures! I loved the picture of Mom and Gabe watching the waves crash on the steps. He is such a darling sweetie. And the description of Nyah crying piteously in the stroller was too funny! What a darling, loving that sand! :) I love seeing her wear that jacket by the way - makes me happy to see her in it. :) I love her so much!
I'm glad you got to have Mom and Dad visit. I can't wait for more pictures! :)

Amy said...

Your kids are growing so fast! They are darling, and I bet it was so much fun to spend time with your mom and dad! I love your family!