Thursday, May 19, 2011

princess hair 101

I am excited to say that we are officially entering the world of up-dos! Nyah's hair is curly, gorgeous and long (for a 13 month old) and just begging to be twisted, braided or otherwise beautified. And we have the added bonus of getting her hair out of her face and showing off her pretty blue eyes! I have tried the occasional pigtail in the past but I'm ready to take on the fun stuff. My friend (who is supremely talented in this area) introduced me to some fun new websites that teach new daughter-mommies how to create fun hairdos. I'll be honest, most of it is waaaaayyyy beyond my capabilities at this time but then thankfully Nyah's hair has a ways to grow before I can 99% of the ideas on there!
I tried a tiny french braid this morning... didn't work out so well. So we stuck with the two pigtails with a cute zigzag part! I'm so excited! Doesn't she look absolutely adorable?! I have to admit that I still think she looks the most precious with those sweet little curls clipped back with a simple hair bow but it is going to be so fun to try out all these fun up-dos!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Having 4 little boys I can only dream of all the fun hair do's I would have enjoyed doing on a beatiful daughter's hair. I often look at sweet little girls with neglected hair and I wish so badly that I could make their hair beautiful for them.

Enjoy all of the sweet moments you have with your cute little Nyah.she is gorgeous!

By the way, I would not trade my 4 sweet boys for 1,000 girls. I love them! I just miss out on all the girly, frilly, pink sweetness of girls. But that is ok!

Kelly said...

I soooooo miss that! Enjoy while you can! She is way too cute!

Brianne said...

Cute! Will you send me the sites? Not that I could do it or Kaylin would let me...

Lori said...

Adorable doesn't begin to describe what's going on here! She and her fabulous locks are simply stunning. We'll be lucky if Simon has that much hair by the time he's 4 if he keeps at his current growth rate.
I remember how exciting it was when Addie finally had enough for her first whale spout. You have many fun hair days ahead of you, I'm sure!

Grandma Cheryl said...

I love the piggies! Nyah has the most beautiful hair! I remember doing french braids on her aunt Crystal when she was about the same age. Fun Times ahead.
Grandma Cheryl

Melanie Anne said...

Oh that is the sweetest post--and of course with 5 boys I LOVED hearing about getting to do girl hair! yeah!! Nyah is so beautiful and just radiant!! Oh I can not tell you how badly I wish you lived close and I could play with that silky hair too:) xoxo

Erin said...

She is such a sugar! I just love her bubbly, smiley, happy little radiant personality! her little pigtails with the zigzag part is too cute!! My kids never have that much hair by then. Sam is just starting to get enough that it will form little curls by his neck that I can finger and play with. :)

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

So, so, so cute!!!! Oh man you are going to have so much fun with her hair!! She has just beautiful locks. :) And you are too funny, "supremely talented," hahaha I'm laughing all the way to the bank with that one! lol

Mindy said...

Oh I love those beautiful blue eyes! And I am jealous of the princess hairdos. :)