Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Gabe and I...the world travelers!

Gabe and I got to go visit Grandma and Grandpa in Magrath, Alberta over Easter... it was such a fun trip! We bummed a ride with Mom and Dad and thankfully the 12 hour drive was not bad at all. In fact, Gabe was an angel - what a good sport! With a ball in each fist, a stack of books at his disposal, and endless viewings of Finding Nemo, Gabe was in a good place! :) The entire time we were there, the weather was gorgeous... with lots of sun and blue skies. Consequently we spent a lot of time outdoors. Here we are at Uncle Bob's farm land feeding the horses - they still have their shaggy winter coats. Grandpa brought a truck load of hay and they came running over! My little bareback rider!! For being such a cautious little guy, Gabe has no fear of huge animals! Must be Denali's good influence!Gabe loved those horsies...and they loved him too!! They were so curious about him; 4 or 5 of them came over individually to him and would lower their heads down and put their nose right against his head. Gabe would hold perfectly still - not afraid in the least. It was so interesting!























7 comments:

Jodi said...

Your vacation looked like a blast! I cannot believe how close Gabe will get to those horses! Amazing. It looks like beautiful country up there!

Kristen said...

Wow, how incredible! I cannot believe Gabe is so brave. Those pictures are priceless!!! What a neat vacation to take Gabe on with your cute parents.

Mindy said...

That is so cute! I love all those pictures of the horses checking Gabe out. I can't believe he is so brave!

Melanie Anne said...

Cool pictures with the horses!! I love the one with Dad holding his hand! Sweet moment with his Grandpa! Dad loves his grandkids so much--it is awesome! I love it

Erin said...

That is so cute how he would hold still and let them smell him. He is such a courageous little guy. I bet you're right - it's probably from having a big dog be his best friend . It's good exposure to big animals. He is so cute with those horses. You took some great shots of the horses. they look so pretty. What a fun trip. I'm so glad they weather was nice. Love you!

Jan S said...

I am so impressed with our little "horseman"! Grandpa is pretty excited about having a little buddy who loves horses too!
XOXO
Mom/Grandma S.

Anonymous said...

Baba, you and Gabe made that trip so fun. Thanks for coming. Dad