Monday, April 6, 2009

eggs of art...

I love how every year we get to dust off our art skills and put them to use during the holidays! It was time for the Easter Egg Dye!! It was so fun with Gabe since he really "got it" this year. We got a sports theme egg dye kit and oh boy, was it a hit!! Gabe was thrilled to dress up his eggs like basketballs, footballs, baseballs, and soccer balls. And after only a few broken shells, we had our final masterpieces tucked away in the fridge for the Easter Bunny to hide when he came for a visit...
**gotta love that permanent look of preoccupation on Gabe's face... dying eggs is delicate work and takes a lot of concentration! ...and there is definitely no looking at the camera during a time like this!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Okay what are those cool containers you were using? Wow! They look awesome! We decorated eggs tonight for FHE and Callie loved it too!

Melanie Anne said...

That looks so fun! I am excited to do this messy little activity with my boys! I bet Gabe loved it!

Mindy said...

So FUN! Gabe looks like he is loving it. I love the concentration on Gabe's face. So cute! I can't wait until Jack is old enough to enjoy the holidays. PS Cool egg dying cups

Erin said...

FUN! Your kit sounds way cool! I learned my lesson this year - I bought the cheapest kit and there were only six colors - two of them happened to both be BLUE and the red one didn't dissolve. And Ben immediately spilled the green, so we were left with three colors and half a green. :) haha!
It looks like you guys are having a blast!