Friday, April 17, 2009
Poor little sickie...
My Gabe is so sick. I keep thinking he is getting better and then the next day he is back to square one with the fever, coughing, runny nose, and crying. Poor little guy! The one funny thing about the situation is that he pulls the most hilarious faces when he has a stuffy nose! At least I think that is where it started...some of these faces don't seem to have a thing to do with a bothersome nose! :) Whenever I laugh at his faces he smiles and says "funny!!" - he thinks he is so funny! And he is right!! So here are a few shots of the entertainment around our house...
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Another thing that has popped up during his sick days is a highly developed sense of cleanliness...to the point of obsession I'm thinking!! If there is so much as a string on the ground he is bringing it to a trash can chanting "garbage, garbage", often with an accompanying "eww, ku-ku"! Even a tiny piece of lint on his arm is viewed with suspicion... or a droplet of water on the table! I'm not exaggerating!! At dinner he wouldn't eat because he was so concerned that there was a bit of his lunch remaining on the tray (that would be a little smear of pasta sauce that escaped the wash rag earlier)...he kept saying "messy, messy, messy" over and over until I cleaned it up!! Eric and I were like "is he serious?!!" It is so funny! Since he has a very runny nose he is constantly running up to me saying "nose, nose" in the most woebegone voice until I wipe his nose. I have to go around the house with a roll of TP at my side! I guess it's better than his original way of dealing with it - wiping his nose on his sleeve! That got a lot of "eww!!"s from me! (which may have started his whole fastidious streak- great!) Anyway, I could go on and on with more examples of how "messy" he thinks our house is! :) It just cracks me up - I had to share!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




11 comments:
My little Eaton is really sick too, he is usually a GREAT sleeper but he was so miserable last night that he would only sleep in my arms until 5:00am!!! I am sorry Gabe is sick, those are some darling faces!
I'm sorry Gabe has been so sick! That is no fun at all! He's still a cutie pie. :) Looks like you guys had a blast on your trip to canada, that was probably so nice to get away for a little while! fun pictures!
Oh, his eyes look so beautiful and blue! I love all his funny faces... and that final smile is just adorable. I'm sorry he is sick, though. And I had to laugh at his sudden clean streak. :)
That is so funny--about his clean fettish! Those pictures are so cute! He is a beautiful boy!!
I am sure it is miserable to have Gabe sick. Dylan has not had a serious cold/fever yet and I just dread that day. I just love the pics of him. He sounds hilarious with his new obsession of cleanliness. I would love to start that around my house for both Dylan and Brad. We need to get together to play. Hope Gabe gets better soon.
That is SO funny! What a crackup! He is such a funny, cute kid. I love those faces. Especially the second one. It reminded me of Benjamin's funny faces sometimes. I love how you said he is suspicious of a piece of lint on his shirt or a droplet of water on the counter. This is just hilarious! haha!
I hate it when my kids are sick... the only good thing is that they want to snuggle a lot more! I hope he gets better soon! And it sounds like you better clean your house! (J/K, I'm sure it's amazingly clean!)
Hey Britt, SO sad Gabe is sick. We've been sick around our house for a month now too. It just won't go away. I think we're almost there though. I wish Landon would stop wiping his nose on his sleeve. In fact, the kid even wipes his nose on his arm when he's wearing short sleeves. We're working on that one. Anyways, let's get together soon...as soon as were all better.
I hate it when my kids are sick... the only good thing is that they want to snuggle a lot more! I hope he gets better soon! And it sounds like you better clean your house! (J/K, I'm sure it's amazingly clean!)
That is funny that he is so crazy about spills and stuff. Gracie is the same way. She hates to have stuff on her hands like food and lint. She just sits there and says ew ew ew until I take of it. They are so funny.
That is so cute! It's sad that he was sick but I giggled at every picture of his scrunched up nose. It's nice that he was in good spirits through the whole thing. Gabe has always been an easy going little guy.
I have been meaning to give you the link to our blog. It's www.thereschkeroundup.blogspot.com
The name was a suggestion of a good friend and it stuck. We need to get together again for a day out of the house. It was a blast last time.
Post a Comment