Monday, April 27, 2009

Here ducky, ducky!

There are a bunch of ducks at the golf course that sure love us (well, our bread crumbs anyway)! Today Gabe and I headed over to feed those duckies and this time they were up on the grass so we got an up-close-and-personal experience with them. At first Gabe didn't mind... but when I stepped back to take these pics, those ducks walked all over him - nabbing that bread right out of his hands as he was trying to break it up for throwing! He was NOT happy about that! My tough guy quickly got over it though and was soon happily digging up rocks amidst those pushy ducks. In fact, he got a little pay back because once our bread was gone Gabe wanted to throw rocks into the water (of course) and those silly ducks kept following us around, hungry for rocks I guess!Couldn't get Gabe to look up (too many possible rocks to scope out) but isn't that a gorgeous backdrop?!
And they're off to greener pastures! (Eventually they caught on to the insult of diving after rocks)

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Great pictures Brittany! I love that he is a rock digger, CUTE!

Mindy said...

Gabe looks so cute! I love feeding the ducks. And it sounds like you guys had fun despite the pushy ducks. :)

Mandy said...

I swear ducks are meaner than they look. I had a bad experience as a child and have been a little timid of ducks ever since. Gabe looks like he had a great time and YES that is a gorgeous back drop. We live in such a beautiful state.

I have to thank you for all of your sweet comments on my blog. You are so complimentary and make me feel like a million bucks! Thank you. I got your text about our simultaneous commenting but
not until 11:30 so I felt bad texting back that late and then I forgot.

It looks like the weather is pepping up so we should take another park break!

Jodi said...

I really have been wanting to feed ducks lately. Random, I know. But maybe we will seek out some after seeing this post! Gabe is a brave boy. I think Callie would have been bawling at that point!

Erin said...

Oh, you had me laughing about those ducks going after Gabe's rocks! I remember that phase where Benjamin's favorite past time was throwing pebbles into water. :) Gabe is SO CUTE! Those pictures turned out really great. SO FUNNY that he wouldn't look up because he was too engrossed in finding rocks. I can TOTALLY relate! What a cutie pie!

Marnie said...

Gabe is seriously close to those ducks. What a brave little man. I love how he had them chasing after rocks.